-Caveat Lector-

     "Judge Mukasey announced that accused Islamic 'terrorist' Siddig Ali
provided intelligence information to the US that 'made up for what he did.'"
    After or BEFORE he proposed to Sheik Abdel-Rahman HIS plan to bomb the UN
building, resulting in the blind sheik's indictment for the crime of
APPROVING of it?
    Was Siddig Ali a provocateur working for the FBI, like Salim (according
to the NY Times), who inspired, plotted, and then provided the necessary
explosives (to Islamic "terrorists" lacking experience in such things) for
the World Trade Center bombing?

Plot Leader Gets 11 Years in Prison

By LARRY NEUMEISTER
.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - A judge handed an 11-year prison sentence to a man who once
plotted to bomb New York landmarks and kill Egypt's president, crediting the
man with substantial cooperation.

U.S. District Judge Michael Mukasey on Friday said Siddig Ibrahim Siddig Ali
provided intelligence information to the United States that ``to a certain
degree made up for what you did and helped the government not only in this
case but perhaps to prevent future cases.''

The judge said the sentence ``balances the enormity of what you did and
intended to do against the substantial cooperation you provided.''

Siddig Ali, 38, said he was ``arrogant, immature and foolish'' in 1993 when
he designed the plots and discussed them at length with a government
informant who was secretly taping the conversations.

Siddig Ali, of Jersey City, N.J., pleaded guilty shortly after the start of a
1995 trial of Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman and others in a plot to blow up New
York City landmarks and assassinate Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.

During that plea to all charges against him, including seditious conspiracy,
Siddig Ali said the blind sheik had given him a fatwa, or religious edict, to
kill Mubarak and bomb the landmarks.

He and other Islamic militants plotted to blow up the United Nations, the FBI
headquarters in New York and two tunnels and a bridge connecting New Jersey
to Manhattan.

The attacks were to take place just months after the Feb. 26, 1993, World
Trade Center bombing which killed six people and injured more than 1,000
others.

``I would like to extend my sincere apologies to the people of New York, to
the American people for my actions,'' Siddig Ali said. ``My actions in no way
reflect the peaceful spirit of Islam nor do they reflect the majority of
decent and peace-loving Muslims around the world.''

He said he now condemned those who ``fraudulently preserve the sacredness of
Islam to perpetrate their unholy war against the innocent and the
unsuspecting.

``I know now more than ever that only through peaceful dialogue can we
resolve our differences. Terrorism is evil and ungodly,'' Siddig Ali said.

Although Siddig Ali did not testify at the trial of the Abdel-Rahman, the
sheik was convicted of conspiracy and sentenced to life in prison without
parole.