-Caveat Lector-

K wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> The following article to some extent is of only local interest, having been sent to
>a local action coalition, "Control the Loop", pulled together to save a rural area
>from a new highway.  Other parts will be seen to be pertinent to the purposes of this
>list.

    Snip

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:35:49 EDT
> Subject: Regional planning
>
> Has anyone ever wondered why the "Loop" plan was based on a
> "2020" plan? Was that year just picked at random or is there a true plan? Look up
>'Local Agenda 21 Initiative' on one of your web searchers.

   Here in Texas its called TEA21. If y'all check I think you will
find that NAFTA monies are being used for most of the needed highway
construction and repair being done recently. I'm not sure what the
legal significance of this is but it worries me. We may find
ourselves needing "papers" to travel on America'a highways in
future. All of the funding done on I35 in Texas is coming from
NAFTA Treaty mandated monies. It is to be a corridor running the
length of I35 from Canada to Mexico in persuance to the NAFTA
treaty.

   Regards
     Jim