-Caveat Lector-

>"I'm glad I can get my hands on a 12-guage to defend myself against all
the criminals who have said freely available 12-guages."

I have a twelve guage, Winchewster 870 pump. Love it. It's the people's
machine gun. Side arms are always only for last ditch emergencies. If you
expect trouble, bring the bhig gun. It's my first line of defence.

> Let my give you my scenario :

Have you ever actually BEEN in a riot? I have. Several. That ain't how it
happens.

Check out my page for details: <http://www.sfbg.com/nessie/>

Please don't confuse Americans with those murderous jerks on TV. They're
fictional characters. We're not really like that. If you believe the TV
you can't help but think that the entire country is awash in cop killing,
psychopath rapists and the only reason they haven't actually broken into
your house and killed you and raped your TV already is because some young,
good looking cop somewhere was willing to bend the rules a little. Don't
believe it. It's propaganda, mass mind control at its worst. Reality
differs emmensely.

But consider this scenario:

A dozen or so well organized and strategically positioned snipers armed
only with .22s could black out this entire continent virtually
indefinitely simply by plinking the right ceramic insulators on the right
electric pylons.

>2) Power goes out over a neighbourhood. "Y2K!" everyone thinks.

And if it happened at midnight on 1/1/00, it would be a very long time
indeed before anybody even thought of checking something besides the
software for the source of the problem.

What worries me most in terms of Y2K violence is terrorist CBW.  There are
going to be one and a half to two million people in SF to party that
night, almost all of them along the Embarcedero. It's a terrorist's wet
dream. What if some Aryan/Identity/Phineus wacko decides to kick off
Armegeddon by "cleansing the Sodom of the West" with a dusting of anthrax,
or plague or ricin, all of which they are known to possess? Even sarin is
not out of the question though I hardly see somebody taking the trouble to
produce it when they could make chlorine gas out of stuff from the grocery.