Forwarded from the New Paradigms Project [Not Necessarily Endorsed]:
From: Ian Goddard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Free Press? (FWD)
Date: Tuesday, November 23, 1999 1:42 PM

From: http://www.jj-johnson.com
http://jj-johnson.com/copiers.htm

Are Copiers used to Track us?

News and Editorial  By J.J. Johnson

November 20, 1999

It started off innocent enough. Due an identification
problem with my local phone company, I went out to get
color copies of both my driver's license and my social
security card. The day was Saturday, November 20, 1999.
I went to the local Kinko’s Copies.

It was a simple request. The supervisor took my ID and
made a black and white copy, then handed to me.

"Excuse me," I said. "I asked for color copies."

He responded that he could not do that. "It's illegal,"
he replied.

I asked him to explain his statement and he told me it
had to do with people who might engage in counterfeiting.
He was not accusing me, since it was obvious the photo
on the Nevada driver's license matched my face. I
offered a compromise.

"What if you just copied them and ran a red line through
them so they could not be copied again?"

His response is what makes this story so hot...

"...Sir, all these machines place invisible codes on the
copies. If the Secret Service tracked this back to this
store and me, I would be in big trouble..."

If the last statement raises your eyebrows, you are not
alone. It also caught the attention of at least seven
other people at Kinko's that morning that were copying
their own documents. In fact, for about 4 to 5 seconds,
all activity at this Kinko’s stopped.

Meaning this was not widely known information.

"Secret Service??" I aksed. The customers also waited
for an answer.

The Kinko's supervisor repeated the same statement
again. In shock, I walked away and paid for my copies.
But there’s more:

After paying, I was compelled to return to this person
and thank him for this information. But I wanted to talk
to him alone, and press for more information. I found
him with another customer converting computer documents
from IBM to Mac format. When I approached, it was as if
he already knew what I was thinking. I thanked him, and
he replied,

"It's not just Kinko's. The same thing will happen
everywhere. All the machines are like that. I personally
know that Xerox had to sign a contract with the government
in order to be allowed to sell them."

"Wow. Big Brother, eh?" I asked trying to lead him.

"Sure is. Sucks, don’t it? Sorry man."

End of conversation

He knew I was thinking of just going somewhere else
and getting the color copies made. But according to
this person (whose name or store location I will not
reveal since he was so forthright with this information,)
all color copies in the U.S. have these identifiers.

Sounds Microsoft-ish, doesn’t it?

Let's clear this up: This person is a daytime supervisor
for a Kinko's Copies. And like most other Kinko's, they
use Xerox machines. If there is a problem, this is the
man who calls Xerox. So, he should know what he's talking
about. He gave me no reason to believe he was lying.

Is this story true? Maybe this is old news and I just
got off the boat. But it sure did get the attention of
other people in the copy area. True or not, the information
I learned (and now, you know) is fresh meat for any internet
"news-hounds" sniffing for a story.

BTW: You folks in the state-endorsed media (loyal guardians
of Big Brother) use the same copiers in your offices. Get
digging.

>From what the Kinko's supervisor told me (if true), we
can conclude the following based on past experience:

1) The Secret Service are probably not the only agency
that can get their hands on these "identifiers." 2) This
is not limited only to Xerox copiers. 3) This is probably
not limited to copiers at all. Canon, HP, Brother and
other types of printers? Who knows?

A few FOIA's ought to get more facts on this. Notably,
after years of Xerox and IBM being "Microsoft-ed" by the
federal government, what agreements might have been made?

More on this as it develops.

Stay tuned...

J.J. Johnson

http://jj-johnson.com

GODDARD'S JOURNAL: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/journal.htm

Forwarded for info and discussion from the New Paradigms Discussion List,
not necessarily endorsed by:
***********************************
Lloyd Miller, Research Director for A-albionic Research (POB 20273,
Ferndale, MI 48220), a ruling class/conspiracy research resource for the
entire political-ideological spectrum.  Quarterly journal, book sales,
rare/out-of-print searches, New Paradigms Discussion List, Weekly Up-date
Lists & E-text Archive of research, intelligence, catalogs, & resources.
 To Discuss Ideas:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://msen.com/~lloyd/
  For Ordering Info & Free Catalog:
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://a-albionic.com/formaddress.html
  For Discussion List:
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   text in body:  subscribe prj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 **FREE RARE BOOK SEARCH: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> **
   Explore Our Archive:  <http://a-albionic.com/a-albionic.html>
Every Diet Has Failed!  What Can I do?
Click Below to "Ask Dr. Kathleen"!
http://www.radiantdiet.com/cgi-bin/slim/deliver.cgi?ask-1364