-Caveat Lector-

>The point was, contrary to Nessie's ramblings, that you can still go from
A to B under your own power without paying anybody for the very act moving
your legs in whatever direction you take.

Of course we pay for it. We can't walk without burning fuel, i.e., food,
which costs us money even when it was we ourselves who grew the damn stuff
in the first place. We can't even stand still in one place for very long
without burning fuel because that's how the human body works. Without food
we die. Thus human life itself is a commodity. Capitalism does this.
Capitalism is this. This is the very essence of capitalism. The
commodification of human life, and the dehumanization that entails of all
who live one, is what capitalism is all about.