From: "Thomas Mountain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Aloha from Hawaii;
  The following is a letter published in our local alternative weekly. It
refers to Dan Inouye who lost his arm during ww2. Dan stole jewelry from
dead civilians and subsequently had the arm wearing that jewelry blown off,
earning him from his comrades the nickname "one arm bandit". We are planning
a long term campaign to put Dan in jail for covering up the crack cocaine
pandemic during his "fire chief" role as chair of Iran-Contra. The idea is
to hold a tribunal locally with some big names on it to stir the pot, ie;
publicity. As it seems certain that there will be no hearings in congress,
it seems that we must start our own series of hearings,  using the internet,
alternative papers and the black radio network. I refer to Mililani and
Haunani Trask at the end. They are two of the most popular and controversial
Kanaka Maoli (native hawaiian) leaders who have a weekly television program
on public access during friday night prime time.
The Editor;
   The first person I ever heard call Dan Inouye "The One Armed Bandit" was
a 442 combat veteran whom I worked with during 1979-80 in the Heavy
Equipment Shop, PWC, Pearl Harbor. So much for Dan's statement that his
fellow veterans never called him that. What a great character reference,
stealing from the dead.
   Some basic research into the history of Hawaii's Godfather can provide
one with more than enough to call him a lot worse things. Try starting with
the Iran-Contra Hearings in 1987.
  We now have 2, I repeat, 2, Inspector General Reports providing us with
plenty of "smoking guns" on how agents of the CIA (the Nicaraguan Contras)
started the Crack Cocaine Pandemic in the early 1980's. The Iran-Contra
Hearings, which Inouye controlled, covered all this up. Inouye even went so
far as to recess the hearings and have two demonstrators arrested when they
held up a banner saying "Ask about the Cocaine".
   It is apparent when comparing the IG's reports to the record of the
Iran-Contra Hearings that Dan Inouye conspired with the highest levels of
the Reagan Administration to cover up the CIA's role in starting the
greatest drug scourge to devastate our communities in history. If Dan had
done the right thing back in 1987, Crack Cocaine could have been stopped
before it spread internationally.
   I must applaud Mililani and Haunani Trask  for their courage in taking on
Inouye. I can only hope that they will help us continue to drag even more
skeletons out of this characters closet so that, maybe, someday, the "one
armed bandit" will have to answer for his actions.
Sincerely,
Thomas C. Mountain
Hawaii Chapter
Crack the CIA Coalition
239-8112

Ameritrade offers $8 commissions for Internet equity market orders --
no matter what the share price is, or how many share you buy or sell!
Open an account before December 20, 1999 and receive 3 commission-free
equity trades!