</A> -Cui Bono?-

The Extremist wrote:

> Our country was founded on Christianity not Wiccan, Hinduism, etc.
> The founders were the sons and grandsons of over a hundred years of
> colonial Christian tradition.

Yes, what a lot of people the world over forget is that the USA is
perhaps the most religious country in the world.  It has more churches
per capita than any other nation.  Yet other countries view it as a more
'Hollywood' manifestation.  So, from an outsiders view, it seems a
deeply conflicted society - one of incredlibly deep religious beliefs,
and one of incredibly - well, just anything goes.

So as an outsider looking in, I often wonder how these two disparent
views co-exisit.

I get the feeling they don't.

In terms of conspiracy, well, sometimes I think that people feel
threatened when their beliefs are called into question.  People are
usually born into a belief system and when that is rocked, look out.

Kelly