</A> -Cui Bono?-

lHi All - The Peaceful Uses of Outer Space is governed mainly by a UN Treaty
and
a General Assemby Resolution (below).  I was an NGO delegate and
correspondent for the Guardian and a wire service at UNISPACE, the United
Nations Outer Space
Conference in Vienna in 1982.  Guess who has blocked any meaningful teeth
in treaties and laws to outlaw the militarization of Outer Space?  Answer:
The Government of the United States of America.

As the USA seems to be hijacking control of our spaceship Earth, who will
there be
to enforce the peaceful uses of Outer Space?

Conventional Thinking - Russia and China cut a deal to limit USA hegemony -
Yet Russia and China lack the Technology to limit USA militarization of Outer
Space.

Therefore, our hope lies in new paradigm thinking about the peaceful uses of
outer space.  More commentary to come...........Alfred

UN Treaties
http://www.un.or.at/OOSA/treat/treat.html
  The 1966 Treaty on the Principles Governing the Activities of States in the
Exploration and Use of Outer Space, including the
Moon and Other Celestial Bodies (more commonly known as the "Outer Space
Treaty") provides that space exploration shall
be carried out for the benefit of all countries, irrespective of their degree
of development. It also seeks to maintain outer space
as the province for all mankind, free for exploration and use by all States
and not subject to national appropriation.

UN General Assembly Resolution
http://www.un.or.at/OOSA/ga/res1.html
Recognizing the common interest of mankind in outer space and recognizing
that it is the common aim that outer space should
be used for peaceful purposes only,

Subj:    RE: [MC]  Space warz, anyone?