</A> -Cui Bono?-

In a message dated 01/28/2000 7:55:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Solution?  Pull our men & women OUT of the quagmire and let 'em Kosovarians
 deal with their own problems of their own making.  They made it through the
 Ottomans and Tito and Stalin, they can make it again (just takes a little
 effort).

 Once more: no excuses for untoward behaviour but having to be concerned about
 every shadow and every breaking twig is enough to blur any sense of
reasonable
 or standard conduct. >>

Somehow we are given the illusion that our military are all heros, and they
would never do anything that we haven't seen John Wayne do in the movies.
Believe me, it's not true.  I've been around the military for years and
years.  They are just like the rest of the population.  On military
installations we had rape, murder, theft, child molestation, cruelty to
animals--some of the crimes were so horrendous they were astounding, but the
military always manages to hush things up quite well.  You can be on the same
installation and not know what is going on.  They not only hush things up;
they cover things up.

I'm quite sure the people in Kosavo are mostly telling the truth.  Our
military can be far, far from pleasant, especially when they decide they're
in charge.

You're right about one thing.  It would probably be best to pull our troops
out of there.  If somebody is going to get knocked around, it's better if it
comes from their enemies than from those who say they're friends.

Don't get me wrong.  Most of our military men are good human beings and good
citizens, but there's always those few bad apples.  You'll notice our police
force in the United States is the same way.

Prudy