This is my first post to this list, so greetings everyone...I've been interested in Manna and psychedelics for a while now and I agree with the "shroom theory".  Soaking shrooms in honey for a long time will result in a stained blue and psychedelic honey...I liked the idea so much that I created www.bluehoney.org - This is my reply:

>>"Something falling from heaven is entirely different than something springing from the earth. The Israelites just couldn't
have been so stupid they could not tell that difference...."

--

No one saw anything fall from the sky, the Manna appeared overnight with the morning dew (also they had no roots like other plants that they were familiar with).  Now, I wouldn't call anyone stupid but the Israelites did
wander for 40 years, you can't do that without going in a lot of circles. Besides...look at what these people did before they left Egypt...they were slaves, not gardeners. This is ignorance, not stupidity. How many Israelites could have had a mushroom experience before they escaped Egypt? None, hence

____________

--
Exodus 16-14 "And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground."...... Frost? Dew? Wilderness? Is this a desert?? Need grass, trees and moisture. Trust me.

As for cows, well (to quote that web-page about Manna) "again referring to the Bible, it is clear that the children of Israel had journeyed to a land where there was dew in the morning. As a large, nomadic tribe, the Israelites brought a lot of cattle and sheep together in the area. That meant a great deal of manure. The change of climate from the arid lands of Egypt to the dewy climate of the wilderness created ideal conditions for the propagation and spread of psilocybe mushrooms in livestock dung."

____________

>the taste of it was like wafers made with honey(l6:31)...

>>Wrong!

>>After trying EVERY conceivable methos of eating those babies without gagging, the ONLY way we ever found that was tasteless
(later in life the taste of freeze dried Kubensis didn't even really bother us that much any more), is to make a REAL ice cream shake out of them.  That is the ONLY way that we ever found that even the slightest taste of  them is not detectable...and we tried
ALL KINDS of things using honey in my day....to no avail!

--
Wrong!

I have mushrooms that have been soaking in honey for many months (that's what blue honey is), you don't even need to eat the mushrooms, just the honey will do; but if you did you would not taste anything but sweet honey. Is there any other natural preservative other than honey?

John 6-56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

He is saying pretty clearly that the eating and drinking is physical. My body is flesh indeed, and My blood is drink indeed, and the added statement that when you eat, it is inside of you leaves little room for debate that this is a substance and not a phantom symbol alone. For those who choose to debate this I ask that they show me their substance because according to Jesus' words unless you eat and drink of "IT" you have no life in you. By the way, do I really need to mention that this is not some strange reference to Cannibalism? I sure hope not.

John 6-31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

John 6-32 Then Jesus said unto them, verily verily I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

John 6-34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

John 6-35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life.

John 6-41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread that came down from heaven.

John 6-43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

John 6-48 I am that bread of life.

John 6-56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Rev 2-17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit sait unto the Churches; to him that overcometh will i give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

If you are interested in this and want to read more - there are many books out there: http://www.bluehoney.org/Books.htm Begin with "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" by Jon Allegro

What I suggest that you do is this: Go here:
http://www.bluehoney.org/Mankind1.htm and start reading, this text is divided into 4 large sections and it will answer a lot of your questions about Manna and many other Christian symbols.

(-
andy
Web-master