</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000204d - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* No realities were shifted to produce this bulletin. Well, not too much.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ MalkoCaus: http://www.lfw.org/jminc/http://www.caus.org/home.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Remaking the World One Atom at a Time. Nanotechnology, manipulating mater-
  ials on a molecular scale, holds the promise of unlocking nature's secrets
  in everything from industrial engineering to medicine. In the not-so-dist-
  ant future, bricks in new homes may repair themselves when cracks appear.
  Cars are coated with a diamond-strength layer to guard against scratches.
  Doctors might be able to diagnose hundreds of illnesses by placing a
  droplet of blood in a machine and reading the results in a few seconds.
  http://www.latimes.com/news/science/science/20000203/t000010883.html

@ Who Shifted My Reality, Anyway??? http://www.caus.org/cz020400.htm

: Have you rebuilt any persons/worlds/universes/realities lately? Have you
cloned/miniatuarized/expanded them? Did you have alien help? Are nanobots
indistinguishable from angels/demons/kobolds? Is nanotech indistinguishable
from magic? When we have complete control over matter/energy, are we gods?

@ How about using some genetically engineered bio-luminescent proteins to
  make <http://www.biotoy.com/> fun toys? Like some glow-in-the-dark-water?
  <http://www.biotoy.com/h2oglow.htm> Be sure to watch the Quicktime movies
  www.innousa.com/movie/squirting1.mov www.innousa.com/movie/squirting2.mov
  Then squirt on over to http://www.memepool.com/Subject/Gadgets/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# UNARIUS ACADEMY OF SCIENCE. In the year 2001, most of the human race will
  be coping with endless streams of new and as yet unheard-of environmental
  crises and grisly immunological disasters.  But the members of UNARIUS -
 UNiversal ARticulate Interdimensional Understanding of Science - "countless
  thousands of advanced spiritual beings" (mostly Californians) will despair
  not, for they'll be confident of the impending arrival of the 32 saucer
  ships of the Space Brothers from the 32 confederated planets.  These space
 aliens will come to the Earth world to invite us to join the Interplanetary
  Confederation of Worlds & of course we'll accept the invitation, becoming
  the 33rd confederated world. Thereafter all of the problems on Earth will
  be solved.  Hallelujah.  http://www.teleport.com/~dkossy/unarius.html

: Are you ready for the Space Brothers? Are the Space Bros ready for you? Do
you regularly explore uncharted galaxies? Are there any uncharted galaxies
left? Is interstellar space overpopulated?Will the Space Bros dispossess us?

@ What the U.S. Government Knows About Unidentified Flying Objects:
  http://www.caus.org/cc020300.htm
@ Planetary Data Sets Currently Distributed on CD-ROM:
  http://stargate.jpl.nasa.gov:1080/appenda.html
@ Secrets of the Ice - An Antarctic Exploration:
  http://www.secretsoftheice.org/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Alien Invaders Are Stealing Our Brains. Alien invasions and plots to take
  over our minds are the stuff of B-grade horror movies and stories printed
  on cheap paper, but I'm here to tell you it's not all fiction. I hope I
  can convince you before it's too late. They cruise TV airwaves and the
  Net: http://www.calgaryherald.com:80/opinion/stories/000203/3538132.html

: Has your brain been sucked out yet? Did you hear a great sucking sound? Do
you suck? Have you sucked out any brains lately? Were they tasty? Who has
the smallest brains? How many d'ya need to suck out before you're satiated?

@ God's final warning? Christian persecution: http://www.mcalvany.com/b2/
# Multi-Witness UFO Sighting Over Hollywood - is Lucas filming anything?
  http://www.sightings.com/politics6/holly.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Confessions of a telephone psychic. http://www.giantrobot.com/issue9/duke/

@ For the horoscope <http://www.horoscope.com/> believer, swoon.com brings
  you <http://www.swoon.com/horoscopes/seduction/index.html> Seduction by
  the Signs. For future reference, I supposedly like sincerity. Shows how
  much <http://www.swoon.com/horoscopes/seduction/libra.html> they know.

@ There is now a homepage <http://www.uccs.edu/~cwetheri/GRT/BP.html> for
  Martian bachelors. This may be somehow related to Transactional Analysis,
  <http://www.itaa-net.org/what-is-ta.htm> but I can't quite figure out how.
  And it's ever so loverly over at http://www.memepool.com/Subject/Sex/

: What's your favorite sexual aid? Do you prefer sex with psychics, astrolo-
gers, aliens/Martians, bachelor(ette)s, warriors, telephones, demons/gods,
mind-control agents, Illuminati, robots, me? How much help do you need? Eh?

@ XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS, THE LESBIAN GAZE, AND THE CONSTRUCTION
  OF A FEMINIST HEROINE: http://whoosh.org/issue24/stein1.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Supervolcanoes could trigger global freeze. The threat of climate change
  caused by human activity may turn out to be a minor problem by comparison
  with a scarcely acknowledged natural hazard. Geologists say there is a
  real risk that sooner or later a supervolcano will erupt with devastating
  force, sending temperatures plunging on a hemispheric or even global
  scale. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_628000/628515.stm

@ Links: Global Volcanism Program http://www.nmnh.si.edu/gvp/
@ Volcano Information Center: http://www.geol.ucsb.edu/~fisher/
@ Geological Society of London: http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/homepage.htm
@ Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre: http://www.bghrc.com/
@ BBC - Supervolcanoes: http://www.bbc.co.uk/horizon/supervolcanoes.shtml

: What's your favorite supervolcano? Are you ready for volcano winter? D'ya
prefer nuclear winter, volcano winter, meteoroid winter, Satanic winter, the
winter of our discontent, winter dreams? How can we prevent supervolcanoes?

# Clinton: Spend more on global warming - but some say case isn't proven:
  http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000203/pl/climate_clinton_1.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SkeptiLinks:

# EU becoming 'European gov' - Continent's biggest states could disappear:
  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/UK/Politics/2000-02/eu040200.shtml
@ Commons Debates: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmhansrd.htm
@ UK Lords: www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/ld/ldhansrd.htm

@ 19th C. History in Political Cartoons http://boondocksnet.com/cartoons/
@ US Foreign Relations: http://state.gov/www/about_state/history/frus.html
@ US Government for Kids: http://bensguide.gpo.gov/
@ Talking History: http://www.talkinghistory.org/

   Love means never having to say "Does that twenty include the
   spanking?" -- http://www.SleazyTabloid.com

* Rev. R.Carter, ULC * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringes of: Science, Faith, Sex, Dope, Art, Paranormal, Conspiracy
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm