</A> -Cui Bono?-

In a message dated 02/24/2000 1:07:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  That is, until news alert! learned of a secret
  depository of monthly long-distance telephone
  records that date back to January 1992 and forward
  to at least December 1998. These records, which
  list dates, times, durations, numbers called and
  how much each call cost, also include in many
  instances the number to which the bill should be
  charged. In other words, priceless White House
  records exist to inform investigators working on
  any number of probes, including campaign-finance
  corruption, Travelgate, Filegate and all the other
  gates through which the Clinton/Gore team has run. >>

As I said:
I've sent dozens of e-mails to the White House referring to many, many of the
matters that Mrs. Hall is concerned about.  They contained opinions but
certainly no information that mattered to anyone but me.  So what's the big
thing?   It sounds like somebody is digging deeper than necessary.  However,
I feel that Mrs. Hall should be hired by the White House and her job should
be to read the thousands of e-mails that arrive every day.  That way she can
weed out the ones like I send (although I hope she will take the ones about
freeing Peltier to a higher authority), and perhaps she will find the two or
three dolts who although having important information are so stupid to send
it to the White House by e-mail.

and

I've called a lot too.  It's god to hear that my small expenditures for phone
call aren't wasted.  I always thought they just hung up and forgot me.  I
figured they just tossed my e-mails.  This is almost heartwarming
information.  Prudy