</A> -Cui Bono?-

The Silks may look different but I for one tend to think they are stablemates
playing a tried and true hegellian game upon us hoi polloi.  1952 campaign
was an interesting one. Repub estab wanted real bad. Knew that Taft could
take nomination but wouldn't win. Prescott Bush went and saw Ike in Europe
and popped the question well, "General, there's been some question as to
whether your sympathies really are with the Republican's or the Democrats."

"Well," he said, "there shouldn't be any question. I've always been a
Republican."

That was in November 1951. Prescott goes on to state again that he "was
interested in his absolutely positive, forthright statement that he had
always been a Republican, and he was a Republican, right then in '51."

The Rep establishment knew that they could win with Ike and he got the
nomination in the first televised convention and the republicans rode the
grandfather hero on in to power. Bones had already laid down there framewrok
in the intel world and with tricky on the committees everything was fine.
Because Ike could control the generals and he would rather use "spies" than
boys blood he was quite familiar with and he didn't want to know, he wanted
to be able to deny and play golf.

Now I am no Ike scholar and need to do more research on the 52 election but
personally I do believe we are seeing a updated replay of the 52 race.

The republicans aren't gonna create this big noise of grabbing dems and
indies and walk away.mho

McCain Bush?  McCain Dole?

Baby Bush - Skull and Bones/intel -Taft
POW McCain - Mob - Ike