</A> -Cui Bono?-

I'm NO fan of the Chinese and it is clear that they have something on Clinton and a
lot of other members of our government.  They get whatever they want, maybe because we
are just scared of them, I don't know.  It is a shameful disgrace the way we pander to
them, and it will continue despite who gets into office later this year, that is a
certainty.  However, I will take issue with the mention of Castro and Cuba in this
missive.  There is no comparison between China and Cuba.  Granted that Castro has some
bad marks against him, just like any other world leader, including our glorious
commander in chief.  BUT, the embargo and boycott of Cuba should end, and should have
ended long ago, while a considered boycott and embargo against China should commence
post haste.  Remember, WE put Castro in power, and it is only because he sought
independance from our control that we hold such a grudge against him, that is the
major reason why this is still an issue today.

On Thu, 16 March 2000, Bill Richer wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-   <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">
> </A> -Cui Bono?-
>
> WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Peace at any cost is a prelude to war!
>
> What Is It With Clinton and the Chinese?
>
> By Bob Slosser
> March 15, 2000
>
> -- Here come the Chinese!Here come the Chinese! I guess everyone knows what
> that means by now. It means, "Batten down the hatches!" – very loudly. Can’t
> you see all those people inside the Beltway straining their necks to learn
> what Clinton’s going to give away now. You may not think much of his friends,
> but you have to admit, he holds nothing back in trying to please them.
>
> So where do we stand? Well, we’ve lost some nuclear secrets; made our
> election fund-raising even more suspect; taken a shellacking in the
> international trade balance; let an ally named Taiwan undergo humiliating
> threats of intimidation; and continued to lose the respect of the world, much
> of which is watching nervously for some hint of leadership from us.
>
> Just what is it that the president sees in the Chinese Communists? I guess
> you might say he sees the same thing that he sees in the Cuban Communists. He
> calls it "engagement." Yeah, but what is it? You might ask all those
> university professors who seem to have fallen in love again with Castro and
> sundry other murderous tyrants. I declare, an awful lot of our highest-paid
> educators seem never to get over their dislike of things American. They’re as
> bad as a lot of our highest-paid business executives, whose greed often gets
> ahead of their patriotism and their common sense.
>
> To tell you the truth, these scholars and wealthy businessmen really don’t
> seem to care much for Joe Six-Pack, a plain, hard-working guy who may not
> deserve the Six-Pack label any more than the wine-sipping profs or the
> scotch-slugging big shots. Neither do they care much for the gold ol’
> American laborer of whatever race who may have missed out on some educational
> and cultural exposure. The same holds true for the consistent, persistent
> Catholic and Protestant Christian folks who live out their faith raising good
> families to the taunt of "you’re nothing but a fanatic." These citizens
> don’t receive much consideration from the upper deck -- politically or
> economically -- in the months and years following an election.
>
> Meanwhile, top-drawer Administration and corporation people think the
> Communists in nations unrelated to the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Soviet
> collapse are somehow in a state of thaw – which we all yearn for, of course
> – and are to be trusted. Cuba, yeah. China, North Korea, Vietnam, along with
> all that potential Asian market, yeah. Nations that make those glassy-eyed
> corporations salivate as they pursue expanding markets, regardless of
> whatever else may be going on that could damage America and a lot of citizens
> along the way. And don’t forget those Asians and Cubans who haven’t had a
> [...]

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey

For the largest MP3 index on the Web, go to http://mp3.altavista.com