</A> -Cui Bono?-

In a message dated 03/18/2000 6:56:41 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Could you possibly name the names of some of those people
 who exercise so much control over the Oil Companies
 and the News Media.
  Thanks.
   DBC >>

Hello Damian,
   Your question appears to be so simple, and one
    for which there should be a simple answer.
   "name the names of some of those people..."
    It is not so easy as this.

Perhaps you will discern something about the
truth from the words of a man who helped to
give birth to this reality.

Consider these words of President Woodrow Wilson,
who in the dark of night signed the Federal Reserve Act into law.
In the last days of his life, a repentant Wilson wrote the truth
about who and what controls America.

  " I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is
controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated.
The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands
of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most
completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world.
No longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction
and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a
small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson

I hope you did not read over that lightly.
Notice he said:  "...all our activities are in the hands of a few men."

Eustace Mullins in his thoroughly researched books,
Secrets of The Federal Reserve, and
The World Order, Our Secret Rulers -
gives detailed information about "interlocking Directorships".
There are about 12 pages of charts which show the links
of control which connect about the top 500 world corporations.
Mullins didn't dream up this information.  It was taken
directly from actual Charts which were created by a
Congressional Committee which conducted an investigation
into this area.  As one looks at the names of the companies
on those charts, the reality of the power of "The Controllers"
becomes apparent.
It is much more than just the control of multi-national oil companies
and the major information media.

Please notice I do not ask you to accept my opinion
or to take my word for any of this.

Another authoritative source of information is a man who
had the rare opportunity to have direct "inside knowledge"
of the workings and methods of "the Controllers".
This man was a mentor to Bill Clinton.
After being nominated for President, in his acceptance speech,
Clinton mentioned his Georgetown University Professor Carroll Quigley
as having helped him form his political philosophy and world view.
Professor Quigley wrote a 1,300 page book entitled "Tragedy and Hope".
In his book, Quigley wrote quite openly about the methods and plans
of the "Controllers".

   "...to create a world system of financial control in private hands
able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy
of the world as a whole.  This system was to be controlled in a feudalist
fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret
agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences.
The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in
Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world’s
central banks which were themselves private corporations.
Each central bank....sought to dominate its government by its ability to
control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the
levels of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative
politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."
This vast accumulation of wealth concentrates immense power and despotic
economic domination in the hands of the few central bankers "who are able to
govern credit and its allotment, for this reason supplying, so to speak, the
life-blood to the entire economic body, and grasping, as it were, in their
hands the very soul of the economy so that no one dare breathe against their
will."
     Carroll Quigley-

But finally Damian, you should look to find the answer for yourself.
I would urge you to question and question again...and not to
accept mine or anyone's answers.
The following addresses are good places to begin looking:
http://www.hevanet.com/valladar/secrets.htm
http://www.midnight-emissary.com/mullins.htm
http://www.hevanet.com/valladar/order.htm
      Regards to All