DAVE FOR VEEP OF THE PIG PEN.
KUDOS for countering the inane (well, most of them) quotes.

I did not so much decry the word and its value, or lack thereof - as ask i did question the apparent double standard?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Integrity has no need of rules. -Albert Camus (1913-1960)
Except Camoo's - obviously?

> + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
> The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
> new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
If the latter do not desire the former - then what is the purpose?

> + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
> "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said
> it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your
> own reason and your common sense." --Buddha
Pure Humanistic twaddle - a Buddhist once said he believed in neither "good nor evil" - it was then proposed that a hot pot of boiled water be placed above his head - since their was no good or evil in the enlightened ones "common sense" - it was then suggested that the hot water be poured on his head - the room was quickly vacated by the holy man! To many Nazi's, the Holocaust was reasonable and commonse sense affair - was it not?

> + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
> It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that
> prevents us from living freely and nobly. -Bertrand Russell
Russell was wont to pompously bleat his religion of atheism - here, he seems to plagiarise the bible- "the LOVE of money (possessions) is the root of all evil" without apparent qualm.

> "Everyone has the right...to seek, receive and impart
> information and ideas through any media and regardless
> of frontiers." Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Depends who is IN CHARGE of your version of "human rights" - Communists professed "human rights" and murdered millions, as did the Vatican who professed reverence for human life.

Human "rights" are mostly concocted by humanists - and as such, are as fickle as the finite human mind that invented them.

> "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will
> teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway
Obviously didn't subscribe to his own drunken waffle.