From: "William Shannon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> If she is so emotionally and mentally fragile, she's hardly fit to assume
>> the role of Elian's mother... >>
>
> And if you caught her performance in DC yesterday you'd see that she is
> verging on insanity...rambling...and her level of education too is a concern.
> We have enough brain-dead parents...she can't even convert her thoughts to
> words without cringe-inducing errors of syntax and grammar...

I'm not prepared to require parents pass a literacy test as a prerequisite to
parenthood.  I suppose we can assume that English being her second language can
perhaps be the reason for her poor grammar...

But I DO expect a parent to be mentally and emotionally stable, something this
Marisleysis has demonstrated time and again is questionable...

Since last November she's been hospitalized more than once due to stress, and
it's highly unlikely she would have been released from the hospital without a
followup prescription for at least one psychoactive drug to control her emotions...
her behavior this weekend seems to point to her being under some sort of medication...

But the core of the issue is:  what is this family doing to support itself?  They
are all unemployed, so who's footing the bill for their house, the food they put on
the table, their clothes (especially the cold-weather clothes they suddenly sported
upon arrival in DC), who's paying for Marisleysis' continual hospitalization and
medication for 'stress', and finally, who's paying for their legal team?

Since no one in that family has a job, how can they reasonably expect to properly
raise a 6 year old to adulthood?

June

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters