From: "Alamaine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hey!  Was there any wordage as to *why* the little feller and the bigger feller
> were in the closet to begin with?  I had been led to believe that the raid
> itself was somewhat of a surprise although predicted.  This one detail leaves
> me in appuzzlement ... A<>E<>R

Yes, there does seem to be something fishy about the whole set up...according to
their own words in the 'house tour' video after the raid, Marisleysis and Donato
stated that not only were they and Maisleysis' father and mother there, but a
cousin and the cousin's 5 year old kid, plus that AP photographer AND a cameraman
from NBC (who presumably always join in slumber parties on their assignments?)...

Now if you've seen the inside of that house, it's one damn small house to have
all those people squeezed in (remember also that their legal team was there too,
supposedly on the phone still 'negotiating')...

So in that little house, which only has a kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms and
one bathroom, there were at least 8 or more adults, and at least 2 small children.

In their version of what happened, Marisleysis and Donato claimed that as soon as
the INS started banging on the front door, Donato 'woke up', ran across the room
and snatched Elian from the couch he was on, and ran into Marisleysis' parents'
bedroom, and tried to hide in the closet...

But something DID slip out in their recounting of events, something I think they
weren't aware they'd let slip...they both admitted to 'discovering' that INS
agents were also trying to come in the back door...

They could only know that if they tried to run out the back door themselves...
so I think they made a split second decision to try to make a run for it by
escaping out the back door, and when they discovered that way blocked, only
then did Donato run into the back bedroom....

June

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters