[EMAIL PROTECTED],Internet writes:
>Lawrence Livermore Nat'l Lab in northern California has announced they
>are monitoring the smoke plumes from the Los Alamos fire.
>
>Did they announce that they were doing the monitoring IN California? Did
>they even announce that they were doing the monitoring FROM California?
>
>I didn't think so?
>
>What's noteworthy is that California--of course--is WEST of Los Alamos:

What's noteworthy, is that Newshawk isn't monitoring the smoke plume. He
has a computer. He has a modem. Why isn't he monitoring the smoke plume
himself? Why isn't at least monitoring the local media? They're monitoring
the smoke plume.

>http://www.abqjournal.com/news/1satmap05-11-00.htm

If he were, he'd see it was headed east. This doesn't mean it doesn't bear
watching. When Chernobyl started  to cook off a science teacher at my
kid's high school in Berkeley, a man of Ukrainian birth, began monitoring
the background radiation here. It doubled. If you're worried about getting
rad-dosed without being warned, you should be. And you should be
monitoring the background radiation where you live, anyhow. I check mine
here every couple of days.

But before you let Newshawk panic you, you should consult a Geographyhawk
and a Meteorologyhawk first.  Since there's a fairly hefty mountain range
in the way, the smoke couldn't have reached California by now even if it
were headed this way, which it's not. What we do have to worry about if it
turns out that the smoke from Los Alamos ticks, is what happens when it
makes it's way to the stratosphere and disperses. Then we gotta worry. A
couple weeks from now it'll be all over the world and drifting down on
everybody. But by then the fire will be out, the media will have dropped
the story and most people will have forgotten all about it.

Don't rely on other people to due your research for you. Do your own
research. Relying on other people to do your research for you is stupid.
Some of them lie.  Others don't know what they're talking about.

Remember, most people have virtually no education in science, geography
and the like. They went to schools run by governments and churches. All
they really learned was to believe what they're told and to do what
they're told. That's what schools like that teach.

That's what you're up against when you rely on other people to do your
research for you. Get over it. DIY

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL