Hi !

I have permission to forward this.

Sincerely,  Neil Brick

Our listing these resources does not necessarily constitute our endorsement
of them. Resources mentioned in this resource list are mentioned for
educational value only. Using these resources may or may not help your
recovery process, so use caution when reading anything or contacting anyone
mentioned in this resource list.

 I just finished reading the fall-winter 1999 issue of The Journal of
 Psychiatry & Law. It's a special issue focusing on the interrelationship
 between factitious behavior, dissociative disorders, and the law.

 I highly recommend this issue to anyone interested in retractors--those who
 recall memories of child abuse, then decide therapists implanted the
 memories and typically file malpractice lawsuits.  Retractor lawsuits have
 generally been assumed to be trustworthy on the theory that the retractor
 was originally wrong but is now enlightened.  Thus, the retractor is now
 telling the truth.  This issue raises a "plausible alternative explanation"
 for such cases.

 To date, information regarding retractors has come from retractors'
 self-reports to the media and research surveys.  Some articles in this issue
 offer the first hard data on retractors--analyses of actual treatment
 records and sworn testimonies.  In fact, it's possible that had this type of
 data been available in the early 90s to insurance carriers and their
 attorneys,  the flurry of "memory implantation" litigation against
 therapists might have quickly come to an end.

 I've listed the articles and authors below.  To order a copy, call
 800-210-READ or 617-630-9393.  The $35 cost includes shipping.

 Factitious Disorders and Trauma-Related Diagnosis - D. Brown & A. Scheflin
 The Imitation of DID:  Patients at Risk, Therapists at Risk - N. Draijer &
 S. Boon
 Variations on a Factitious Theme - S. Marmer
 Deception Through Factitious Identity - J. High
 False Memories and True Lies:  The Psychology of a Recanter - J. Anderson
 Iatrogenic DID-An Evaluation of the Scientific Evidence:  D. Brown, E.
 Frischholz & A. Scheflin
 Fabrications of Things Past- Factitious Identities and Fictional Life
 Histories - F. Putnam
 The False Litigant Syndrome:  "Nobody Would Say That Unless It Was the
 Truth" - A. Scheflin & D. Brown (includes study of 30 retractors in
 high-visibility therapist lawsuits).

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL