In a message dated 6/8/00 11:41:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Since we are speculating we might try to address some of these issues.
What
> if the so-called abductions of today, since I'm sure most would agree that
> abductions (as opposed to interaction and weird events not involving actual
> abduction-and possibly experimentation) are a relatively new phenomenon,
are
> merely a mental scenario and do not take place at all.

  Scoop marks, scars, implants, nosebleeds, mysterious 'miscarriages' of
confirmed pregnancies absent of tissue - all these seem to indicate a
physical component.

> Of  course IF they are physical beings AND they really DO abduct people
then
> there would have to be some purpose for it.  Would we have genetic
similarity?
>   I think that we would if we each developed according to similar
> evolutionary lines, and it seems they are very much like us in the way they
> look and behave.  Interbreeding could be a possibility.

  I just read about this in "Watchers" (by Raymond Fowler, about the Betty
Andreasson Luca encounters.)  He devotes part of Chapter 11 to speculation
about this.  I'm just going to pick and choose quotes to explain:

    "The similarity between the physical appearance of the so-called Watchers
and     the human fetus is striking."

    "Neoteny is the phenomenon of a fetal or a larval form of a species that
bypasses    normal physical development and becomes sexually mature."

    "Back in the 1920's, an anatomist names Louis Bolk...theorized that Homo
    sapiens is physically a fetal ape which has become sexually mature."

    "Through genetic engineering, our future descendants could bypass neoteny
by  natural selection and easily produce human beings of small stature and
large   heads very similar to the aliens being reported.  The fetal head,
allowed to  develop and grow in an artificial womb, would significantly
increase the size and   the capability of the brain of the new Homo sapiens."

  He speculates that the Watchers and Homo sapiens might both have been
created from advanced extraterrestrials who have visited earth since man's
beginning - with the Watchers being given the role of caretakers.  Others
speculate that the Watchers may be our descendants coming back in time to
revitalize their gene bank, which may have been adversely affected by
environmental damage.

Samantha
-------
"The Watchers: The Secret Design Behind UFO Abduction"
Raymond E. Fowler
Foreword by Whitley Strieber
Bantam Books, NY, 1990

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL