SkeptiNews 000626b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Yesterday's bulletins: http://web.pitas.com/skeptinews/25_06_2000.html
* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* Site of latest notices, praises, discoveries: http://skeptilog.pitas.com
* No snarks were fatally bitten during the production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ SnarkBite! http://www.snarkbite.com/sasr0300.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Travis AFB Area Abduction. The Travis AFB/Vacaville (CA) area has been the
  center of much anomalous aerial activity going back some 20 years. The
  area near the Grizzly Island wetland sanctuary is a particular hot spot --
  in and around Birds Landing especially. http://www.caus.org/pc062600.htm

# Flying Saucer Wind Tunnel Testing at Wright-Patterson:
  http://www.destinationspace.net/ufo/birds.asp#tunnel
# LETTER FROM BARRY GOLDWATER ABOUT UFO & WRIGHT-PATTERSON:
  http://www.sightings.com/general2/goldw.htm

@ Symbolism - The Language of the Illuminati
  http://www.davidicke.com/icke/symbolism/menu.html
@ UFO ENIGMA: http://www.destinationspace.net/ufo/ufo.asp

# I live 60 miles from Birds Landing as the UFO flies - is that too near/far
/upscale/dry? If I move closer, can I abducted too? Have you abducted (m)any
victims/enigmas/symbols/saucers lately? Did you test those in wind-tunnels?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# SPACEVIEWS 2000.26. WATER ON MARS - MirCorp Announces 1st Space Tourist to
  Mir - House Passes NASA Budget - Proton Launches RussSat - NASA Probing
  Shuttle Engine Problem - U.S. Politicos Vent Over "Faster Better Cheaper"
  Missions - 900 Large Potentially Hazardous Asteroids - The U.S. Navy in
  the Space Age - My Mother The Car: http://www.spaceviews.com/2000/0626/

# SPIDERS FROM OUTER SPACE. A group of astronauts now training for a shuttle
  mission all have 8 legs. They're also big web users.Slated to liftoff next
  year, their work in space may play a large part in the future of aerospace
  engineering & ET colonisation.And some Earth-bound goats have an interest
  in their exploits. http://www.beyond2000.com/news/Jun_00/story_668.html

# How to reach Martian water: http://alienzoo.com/news/a/200006230007.cfm
# Mars life would be primitive: http://alienzoo.com/news/a/200006230005.cfm
# Water damage ... on Mars: http://www.alienzoo.com/news/a/200006230004.cfm
# Pie in the Sky - better things to do with astrophysics degree than baking
  cake in zero gravity? http://www.bergen.com/previews/comic23200006231.htm

: Mars? Mars? Mars? Mars? Mars? Mars? Mars? Mars? Mars? Mars? Mars? Mars?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Anti-drug policies 'ineffective' (BBC) Experts call for urgent steps
  to be taken to reduce the number of deaths among drug addicts.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_806000/806326.stm
# Also - Drug misuse research announced - here's how to shoot-up:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_746000/746186.stm
# Heroin: The full facts - *everything* you *ever* wanted to know:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/medical_notes/newsid_85000/85691.stm

@ Rather not face up to the task of making an indiscreet point? GentleHints
  <http://www.gentlehints.com/> lets the coward in you send an anonymous
  letter <http://www.gentlehints.com/handwash.htm> and helpful gift. Now
  get a cultural scrub at http://www.memepool.com/Subject/Culture/

@ Barbara Hartwell - survivor of CIA MK ULTRA & PHOENIX Project, trained &
  utilized by CIA as a deep cover operative & professional CIA asset, under
  mind control programming, which the perpetrators believed was "guaranteed
  under National Security." http://www.ulster.net/~babs7/

: What's your favorite behavioural-modification technique? D'ya prefer drugs
/hints/rays/implants/hypnosis/culture/surgery? Have you and/or y'r behaviour
been altered lately? Are you now an effective operative/assassin/politician?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Practicing religion in public doesn't have a prayer. We begin with an
  official prayer. Let's all pray to Satan. What? You're not a Satanist?
  You're just inferior: http://insidedenver.com/kravitz/0625bobco.shtml
# Does prayer helps health? http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?10012465

# Game prayer backers decry loss of tradition - spirits won't aid players
  anymore - damn damn damn: http://www.cincypost.com/news/pray062000.html
# Remain standing for the invocation - except that there won't be one. So
  sit down now. Now. http://www.ardemgaz.com/today/edi/wopJERRYCOX26.html
# Catholics Pack Chicago Stadium - 30,000 carry grandstands off for fiery
  ritual: http://www.earthchangestv.com/breaking/June2000/0625catholics.htm

# Let us pray: And crucify 'em. Anyone who confuses the Holy Trinity
  of Father, Son and Holy Spirit with the gridiron trinity of mayhem,
  manhandling and maiming has an odd set of priorities. Surprise!
  http://www.jsonline.com/news/editorials/jun00/jackson25062400.asp

: Have you prayed for yourself/me/them/it/us lately? D'ya pray for conquest/
victory/health/wealth/sex/damnation? Should my taxes pay for your prayers??
Should your taxes pay for my prayers? Should we just give each other money??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Beetles are eating up historic S.F. treasures. SAN FRANCISCO (AP) They've
  eaten through 200-year-old statues of saints & have left priceless wooden
  carvings crumbling. They have munched treasures dating back to when S.F.
  was little more than fishing villages and sand dunes. They are powderpost
  beetles, and they're invading Mission Dolores, California's oldest intact
  church. http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,175014629,00.html

# STEALING HISTORY: a brief history of looting of cultural artifacts
  and treasures. http://www.archaeology.org/online/news/stealhist.html
# Historic submarine part moved ashore - Confederate Navy plans new fleet
  exercises: http://infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2567635999-896

# Dead Sea Scrolls reborn in exhibit. NAUVOO, Ill. — Copies of the oldest
  known version of the Old Testament went on display here, and there's a
  2,000-year-old doomsday cult to thank for it. Your cult may be valuable
  someday too: http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,175014632,00.html

: Have you eaten/replicated/stolen/floated any history lately? Is it best on
toast/tofu/blood? Does your original/replicated/fabricated history bring a
good price on the open market? Are your beetles sacred? D'ya eat them too??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Sperm heating could foil HIV. (BBC) Heating sperm could massively reduce
  the risk of HIV-positive men passing the virus to their children.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_806000/806400.stm
# Also - Circumcision cuts HIV risk - and death reduces promiscuity:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_782000/782656.stm
# Live HIV vaccine 'is possible' - unlike compassionate conservatism:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_790000/790559.stm

# Death doesn't become her or him - Experts predict technology will help
  reverse aging, replace parts. The consensus was that soon we should all
  be able to live for a very long time - and possibly even forever - if
  only we could find a way to replace a clapped-out brain. Well hell,
  clone it too: http://www.smh.com.au/news/0006/26/world/world11.html

: What are the greatest impediments of reaching/enjoying/manipulating immor-
tality? How much health/immortality/godhood/happiness can you take? Have you
heated any sperm/ova/genes/brains/experts lately? D'ya use a flame thrower?

"Beauty is only a light switch away." --anon

* Rev.R.Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.pitas.com * FAX: 603-415-3736
* SkeptiNews info & (un)subscribing: http://sonic.net/~ric/vsub.htm
* Fringes of Thought, Experience, Behavior, Knowledge, Foreboding...