In a message dated 6/26/00 6:00:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > When I was in high school you bought stuff for booster club
>  > now it is soda and candy.  SUGAR and then covered up with
>  > drugs.
>
>  Good point, Piper, I forgot about this. The schools in my town do have
>  soda machines in plain view of the students. We had them when I was in
>  H.S., but they were in a hallway that was gated off until after lunch.

  When we lived in Pa., I was surprised to learn that our child's middle
school sold ice cream sandwiches and soda in the lunch line separately from
the regular fare.  Some students bought only these items for lunch (more than
one of each, too.)  There was no monitoring of this and no reason their
parents would ever know either.

Samantha