From: "Aleisha Saba" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The problem that night was he broke radio silence and gave his
location?

> The problem that night was maybe someone knew his route.

Perhaps not.  When he took off from New Jersey, the people there were
left with the impression that he was going to go east following Long
Island, and then head northeast to the Vineyard at the eastern end of
LI...

Instead, he seems to have followed the coastline of
Connecticut....perhaps for any number of reasons, which may have
included throwing off anyone who may have been following him, or may
have been positioned on the ground farther south along what they
presumed was going to be his flight path...

As I mentioned in my prior post, following the Connecticut shoreline
has the additional advantage of providing a visual guidance, as the
shoreline is densely populated (hence the lights of commercial and
residential buildings distinctly outline the shore at night), plus I-95
shows up at night as a brightly lit 'ribbon' paralleling the shoreline,
leading into Rhode Island...

But no matter what path he chose, his DESTINATION was known...and if
anyone was intent on downing his plane, all they had to do is station
themselves in the Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard area and wait...

June