----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Stokes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2000 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] From Bad to Worse

> In a message dated 00-08-06 03:26:09 EDT, Mike Smith writes:
>
> << I keep reading posts to the effect of "fight and save America while we
still can". Look people, that's NOT gonna happen. Not in your lifetime nor
mine.
I suppose one could even say it's preordained or prophesied. I am sorry
to rain on your 4th of July parade, but there will be no saving of America
no matter how many guns you have stashed.  >>

> Should I presume you are from England or Australia since they have given
up
> their guns and made themselves defenseless against their government?  I
can't
> speak for everyone on this list, nor can I speak for most people on this
> list, but I can tell you we are Americans.  We won't sit idle and watch
our
> liberty be taken from us without a fight.  Talking does little to protect
> freedom, action is required.  Our Constitution gives us the right to end
our
> government and start over should the present government become an
untenable
> tyranny.  The United States was formed because we were oppressed by the
> Monarch of our country and fought and won our freedom, not by talking but
by
> fighting.

Speaking of gun politics you're close. I am Canadian. We have very
restrictive
gun laws here that do nothing but disarm (in time) law abiding gun owners
whilst
leaving the criminal element to terrorize the populous. We need an N.R.A.

Your nation was born out of bloodshed. It's something Americans pride
themselves on.
There's nothing wrong with overthrowing tyranny in my mind. One however must
remember that
to live by the sword is to die by the sword.

> You seem to have a defeatist attitude and it is doubtful you would have
the
> stomach to end a tyranny.  When the criminals in Congress decide to
forcibly
> remove arms from the hands of private citizens that is when many Americans
> will have had their fill of the fascist state.

I'd call it a realistic attitude and please don't infer me to be a coward. I
simply don't
see the point in blasting away at the inevitable gun collection agent(s) who
will one day
walk up your sidewalk to ring on your doorbell. Unless of course you'd
already picked that
day to die and wanted to take a few of them out with you. Besides a little
gratification it
accomplishes nothing but to further the inevitable gun confiscation and have
more draconian gun
laws legislated. I'm sure everytime there is another school shooting the
politicians rejoice privately
while send public condolences.

And by the way, I wouldn't talk about American readiness to fight tyranny.
For instance my fellow
compatriots were fighting and DYING in two world wars long before Americans
entered the war(s).
Whoo hoo!  America came in WWI in the last friggin year. In WWII they had to
be attacked before
they could work up enough adrenalin to get up courage to fight and enter the
war. Ya ya... sure sure..
you guys are ready to fight. But only when it suits you. (or rather the
elite who sends you off to die)

You can expect America to do the right thing but only after they've
exhausted every other possibility.
~ Winston Churchill~

> Most of us are not so naïve to believe that government will listen to our
> cries for freedom.  Government is Force, excessive use of Force; the only
way
> to overcome force is by more force.  Government has two choices, either
> return freedom, or relinquish control of the Republic.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Stokes

And you think I believe that my cries for freedom have any effect of deaf
tyrannical ears?
Not in the least. I'm not naive enough to think that. I'm also not naive
enough to believe
that Joe Paycheck and his 30-30 are gong to make a difference in stopping
the New World Order.
Sure... you'll kill a few of them, but that's all it will accomplish.

You've got me all wrong Mr. Stokes. I'm not afraid to fight back at the
system. Allow me to clarify.
I would very much like to be a thorn in the govt's side.  The difference
between you and I in this regard
is that you think you can win. I beleive the NWO is inevitable but that
should not stop me from throwing as many
obstacles in their way as I can.   IOW You fight back to win. (which you
wont) I fight back just to piss them off. (it does)

Mike Smith