To the Editor,
  On September 17, 2000 the Constitution of the United States will be in
effect for 213 years, which I believe marks the real birth of our country.
The Federal Government has observed the restrictions that the Constitution
has imposed on activities of the Government in Washington,D.C until the
early 1900's when the 16th and 17th amendment were ratified and the
Federal Reserve system was created. Since then, there has been an enormous
change in attitudes concerning the United States Constitution. Currently,
the people of the United States have allowed the Federal Government to
violate the restrictions of the Constitution virtually at will.

 How has this happened? The primary cause, I believe, is that the basics
of our Government are not being taught in our government schools (which
are controlled by the Federal Government via Federal Government aid to
education). It is because of this deliberate policy of imposed ignorance
that the Federal Government gets away with wholesale violations of the
United States Constitution. I urge every reader of this letter to re-read
the Constitution of the United States (log on to:
http://www.constitution.org/cs_found.htm) and reflect on how much the
Federal Government violates Constitutional restrictions(Some estimates
states that up to 80% of what we allow the Federal Government to do is
Un-Constitutional!). Then I recommend everybody to act by calling and
writing your Federal Representative and both of your Federal Senators and
demand a return to strict observance of the United States Constitution by
our Federal Government.

visit my web site at  http://www.voicenet.com/~wbacon
My ICQ# is 79071904