>From the New Paradigms Project [Not Necessarily Endorsed]
Note:  We store 100's of related "conspiracy posts" at:
http://www.msen.com/~lloyd/oldprojects/recentmail.html

From: "Lloyd Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: U.N. Summit Document: Expand U.N. Power
Date: Friday, August 25, 2000 8:12 AM

http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=2000/8/24/202112

U.N. Summit Document: Expand U.N. Power
Austin Ruse
Friday, Aug. 25, 2000
A closely guarded and highly controversial draft document that will be negotiated by
governments at the U.N. Millennium Summit reveals that the United Nations plans to
increase its influence and move closer to the center of the world stage.

The document is also meant to burnish what has become an increasingly tarnished U.N.
reputation.

Among other things, the document calls for the ratification of seven U.N. conventions
and for a world conference on nuclear disarmament.

There is no question that powerful people within the U.N. and those closely connected
to it want to exponentially expand U.N. power into all aspects of human life. This
document, however, does not advance what many see as an impending political apocalypse
at the September meeting.

According to the "President's Working Draft" prepared for the U.N. Millennium Summit:

The working draft document reveals a United Nations that is eager to regain lost
credibility and to demand center stage. This comes after years of U.N. crises,
including notable U.N. "peacekeeping" failures, ongoing financial and management
problems and a string of controversial world conferences that have caused a widening
rift between the U.N. and many governments.

The summit will bring together what is being called the largest meeting of heads of
state and government in history. Up to 150 are expected for the three-day meeting
beginning Sept. 6 at U.N. headquarters in New York City. The meeting, which up to now
has been wrapped in the usual pre-conference secrecy, has caused growing alarm among
pro-family groups that expect the summit to be a vehicle for expanded U.N. power.

The "President's Working Draft," which won't be released to the public until just
before the conference, shows the desire of the U.N. to be the central actor on the
world stage. Summit participants will be asked to affirm their "faith in the
Organization and its Charter as indispensable foundations of a more peaceful,
prosperous and just world."

Over seven sections of the draft document call for increased commitments to peace,
human rights, poverty reduction and environmental protection. Opening sentences give
the document's feel: "We will spare no effort to free our peoples from the scourge of
war." "We will spare no effort to free our fellow men, women and children from ...
conditions of extreme poverty." "We must spare no effort to free all of humanity, and
above all our children and grandchildren, from the threat of living on a planet
irredeemably spoilt by human activities." "We will spare no effort to promote
democracy and strengthen the rule of law."

The document calls for the increased capacity for the U.N. to conduct peacekeeping
operations, the timely paying of U.N. dues, the "speedy reform and enlargement of the
Security Council," the elimination of nuclear weapons, the "prevention of trafficking
in small arms and light weapons," "debt relief for the least developed nations," and
the "promotion of gender equality in its own right."

The document calls for the ratification of seven existing treaties, including the Rome
Statutes of the International Criminal Court, the Ottawa Treaty banning land mines,
the Kyoto Protocols on global warming, the Convention on Biological Diversity, the
Convention to Combat Desertification, the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and
the Optional Protocol on the Involvement of Children in Armed Conflict. The document
calls for one new treaty – a Convention Against Terrorism - and a world conference on
nuclear disarmament.

The draft document will concern many. If they come to pass, some of the ideas in the
draft document will cause problems in the coming years.

http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=2000/8/24/202112

Forwarded for info and discussion from the New Paradigms Discussion List,
not necessarily endorsed by:

Lloyd Miller, Research Director for A-albionic Research a ruling
class/conspiracy research resource for the entire political-ideological
spectrum. **FREE RARE BOOK SEARCH: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> **
   Explore Our Archive:  <http://a-albionic.com/a-albionic.html>