I am pro-life AND pro-choice.  I believe that abortion is murder and that it is wrong.
 But I
believe that others should not be forced by law to abide by my beliefs. The
controversy surrounding
abortion results from there actually being TWO issues here.  The first is the issue of
abortion and
the second is the issue of state mandate. No government should have the right to make
these
decisions for an individual. So long as there is not a law requiring abortion (as in
China), it
should remain a legal choice for each individual.

Actually, this is a State's Rights issue. Each sovereign state should have a process
for voting on
the laws in their state.  If the residents of Texas vote against the legalization of
abortion, and
I live in Texas and want an abortion, I would simply go to Oklahoma or Arizona or any
other state
where abortion has been voted in.  We in Texas voted on the lottery and other states
have voted on
issues like prostitution and the legalization of medical marijuana ... this issue
belongs to the
people who live in that state.

To paraphrase an old truth:  I disagree with your decision to have an abortion, but I
will fight
like hell for your right to have it.

Jean Staffen