-Caveat Lector-

June wrote:

> Same advice to those who find graphic descriptions of rape too much for their
>immature systems...don't spend
> so much energy looking at it then.  But don't act as censors for the rest of us who
>are mature enough to
> handle it.

The point I was trying to make, unsuccessfully, is that in the interest
of justice, it is not always necessary to get into the nitty-gritty
details.  For example, a married young couple here in Canada kidnapped,
raped and tortured to death two young schoolgirls (aged 14) and
videotaped their acts.  When the case came to court, the judge ordered
that only himself, the jury, the lawyers, and the accused could view the
tapes.  Different news organizations petitioned to see the tapes but the
judge refused their request, and ordered the tapes permanently sealed
after the trial.  Now, was the judge right?  I think so.  I don't see
how the interests of justice could have been further served by these
tapes entering the public domaine in the name of "news".

It has nothing to do with "maturity".

Kelly