-Caveat Lector-

Steve W,
Perhaps I should have been more specific...  I meant,  a problem involving
**drinking and driving**, that precipitated your 24 year old report of DUI
arrest,  which is the topic of this thread of discussion.   Also, he [Bush]
says he hasn't been under the influence of demanding alcohol in 14 years.
That's quite a while ago.  Fourteen years is plenty of time to "get over
it".   So what's your point???  He got the rehab he needed, obviously... and
does not still have the problem, so he says.  WHY beat a dead horse?  The
subject is moot at this point.

This kind of political mud slinging is exactly what I do not understand
about the 'new democrats',  i.e...  bringing up stuff that happened  "x"
many years ago,  as if it is still the problem today.  I know many people
who are quote **FORMER** alcoholics and function just fine in their jobs
today,  successfully,  without a drink even under stress.  I also know many
who have previously had some psychological problems, but, again, function
normally and without problems today.  Everyone tells the person who needs
help to go to rehab.  They go,  and are rehabilitated,  or rehabilitate
themselves, yet everyone still points and accuses as though the problem
still exists.

What's your point?  except to attempt to defamate the candidate you see as
least fit.

I reiterate,  it doesn't matter who wins...
We're all losers in the final analysis,
on the day that either of these yahoos is sworn to office.

eagle 1