-Caveat Lector-

  This is an interesting speculation. .
In fact one a 'beat cop and I hadia
lively discussion over back in
89.

   John Vincent to his credit has shined the light of  day
on the activities of  the drug vigilante cults that operate
across this grand continent.  Let me tell you
a story in that vain and also  related to abemarf  speculation.

  Well way back then. There was a guy on the block
in downtown brooklyn,  who was considered different
because he was a 'bro' who wore a suit, and talked without
an accent(even ole joe here has a trace of an exotic combo
chicago/arkansas brogue) and kept to himself and his ole
lady(wife I assume)

    The precinct was the 84th. Well one day the young man was
alledgedly  making runs from his apartment every 45 minutes and
going to the 'drug' cop spot(timeframe 1:00am) .In these pre-wide
-spread electronic MC mayhem, some of the local yokels bashed
the poor guy upside his head with a bat. They didn't take his money.........
They just didn't approve of his lifestyle.

    After all he probably wasted as much on drugs that night than they
had to live on for the week. A classic case of  the non-platonic form of
envy.

 I talked to him(the victim) after it happened he was scared. Most of the
locals
knew who did it. but no one said anything.

   A note on the nabe, Some of these local claimed and it was verified by
others,
that they ran  Billy Crystall out of the hood. Because they didn't like him
way
back when. Since I don't want to be controversial I will say it was classic
case
ant-semitism.

   Maybe I could have helped him (the accountant not Billy Crystal),
but I had a problem with him because he was a bean counter and
I worked the systems side of  the fence and I just got a thing about
people who check figures (numbers). and quite honestly I could
not afford his kind of friendship.

   Well the  guy recovered and went back to work. Later though
as the economy went into  a slump, the guy lost his gig. His job was
taken over by an accounting software package.  But he still had the bucks.

  By this time the local 'crackbusters'  had evolved into the lucid
dream hustlers. Some folks called them 'The Midnight Cabaleros'.

 Finally Rockefeller Center started hiring a lot of these locals
(humanitarian hiring programs) and in that spirit they started borrowing
 a lot of   gizmos(NDTE)  from the gig, bringing  this suff into
apt buildings where they suspected 'crack dens'  to be set up.
This included pot smokers, who were now redefined as crack heads.
 .
Finally both he and his wife started  catching heavyweight hell. Let's
face it  she is sleeping next to hinm  in the same bed.

   Later they guy grew so frighted he slept with a bat under the mattress
Well one night, right after a session with the guys who  took freud's
statement
'visit them in the night'  very seriously. The  lucid dream, these  'night
riders of
the new age' put on the ole boy woke him up in a rage, and as you would have
it, he thought his wife's head was either a raging beast or a softball, and
he killed her.

   People in that building new exactly what had occured. The local beat cops
were up on these 'therapy by night' sessions, and no one said a thing. The
guy
took a murder rap.  I believe he was out of prison by  the middle of Billy
Clinton's
first term.

  The local  'good guy therapist knew about this crap.  They just stood in
awe when
it was being used without a death. Then when his wife was killed they
scampered into
woodworks and claimed they new nothing and let ole Leeroy take the fall..

     A local paper the Fort Green e  Digest ran this story. It was called

                                THE SECRET REHAB

                          This one I know about first hand

                       Stop Hate Crime Against The Mentally Ill

                                            JZ