-Caveat Lector-

From: "Damaeus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Picked this up off a Bizarre Newsletter I get in e-mail from time to
> time.  It's about Charles Manson and some things he's said.  In
> particular I find his comment "In the world of the blind, the one-eyed
> man is king" to be quite interesting.  I think he's saying that blind
> people have a more active third eye than one who is not blind.

No, it means exactly what it says, namely something that is a handicap in a world of
people who have sight
with 2 eyes (having sight in only one eye), would be considered beneficial if the
world were made up of people
who are blind in both eyes.  Nothing to do with the 3rd eye.  It means basically that
a person who is only
partially aware has an advantage over those -- the majority -- who are totally
unaware.  In other words, if
you recognize that some sort of conspiracy is afoot in orchestrating our lives, but
aren't able to articulate
the exact nature of that conspiracy, you are still less blind than those who don't
recognize that there is a
conspiracy at all...

And the quote is not a Manson original, altho I couldn't tell you who first coined
it...

June