-Caveat Lector-

Too much can be extrapolated and made of supposed "codes" - whether in music
or otherwise, and one can easily become over-obsessive about such things,
much like whacko Christians who went berserk over "backward-masking" in Rock
lyrics, spinning records and running tapes backwards, trying to find some
sinister satanic word in the most obscure bits of audio garble, when one
only need only look at the covers, and in-your-face printed lyrics, to
understand that what was being portrayed by Rock music was in in bald-faced
contradistinction to their religious sensibilities.  The "hidden mystery"
and "conspiracy" bug seems to bite everyone.

With regard to music, in Bach for example, there are abundant 'codes' by way
of 'numbers' in his works.   Many of his musical scores simply total the
numeric value of the great composers name, or contain some allusion of
religious significance, since Bach, of course, was a great Reformation
composer.  There is little "mystery,"  or grand significance in this,
because simply, and fundamentally, it was a just mere fun, cleverness, and
it added an extra dimension of amusement by way of intellectual challenge
for the man to compose his music in this manner.   It was also the societal
influence of the age upon the man, as much of the then Western culture was
driven by superstitious notions and intrigue with "numbers" and the like.

Parts of the bible, for example, were also written in what some might term
"code" at times, to be understood by believers alone, who were being hunted,
persecuted and killed by the Roman State, and many Jewish authorities.
Coded numbers were used but also took on real meanings because they had
reference to some real and physical reality, and were not mere abstractions,
nor did they hold some esoteric magical significance in and of themselves in
scripture.

One example is the book of Revelation, which one could suggest is full of
all sorts of weird "code" and illusive messages.

But what distances this supposed "code," from the lunatic fringe, and the
sophists who merely want to generate false hype and fiction in order to
self-promote and sell their books, tapes and videos, is the fact that IT IS
OBVIOUS and OVERT "CODE" and everybody knew that it was.

It was and is not, some waffly gobble-de-gook, after the event SUPERIMPOSED
fictitious creation, that only some guru with the right "key" (IF you buy
their book, tape, video or attend their Seminar) possessed to unlock its
SUPPOSED mysteries.

Texts and music ought to be primarily considered in their first context as
dictated by the author or composer. I think one cannot simply go about
SUPERIMPOSING ones own preconceived notions upon such things, it seems
improper for the sake of the authors original intent, and ones also own
credibility, if one claims to be in pursuit of evidence-backed truth.