-Caveat Lector-

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 19:39:12 -0800 Cliff Hume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>-Caveat Lector-
>>At 06:10 AM 12/16/00 -0800, you wrote:
>>>The problem is that Anarchists believe in self-rule, which man has
>>proven, over and over again, unattainable.
>>
>>This is quite simply untrue. You really need to read more
>anthropology.

Quite true.  If you study anthropology you find that most aboriginal
people functioned quite well with self rule in spite of not having any
monotheistic diety.  That is untill the Christian Europeans invaded.  We
all know what happened then.

I guess that, if I am to believe you and take the bible as a whole and
follow its teachings that I could have stoned to death my ex for
cheating, sold my children into slavery and condemed all who touch pig
products to exile or death.  Get real.  I have no quarell with your
belief in christianity.  To me it is the same as believing in Sant Claus,
the Easter Bunny, or the boogyman.  Believe what you want and don't let
facts stand in the way, but leave the rest of us alone.  The only use I
have for the bible is as a collection of folktales that help guide us to
ancient sites where we can dig up the facts.  So you have read the bible,
have you read anything else?  The recently released Dead Sea Scrolls from
which some of the bible is supposedly taken?  How about any readings in
anthropology, archaeology or even Evolutionary Theory?  Pretty hard to
reconcile scientific proofs with the folktales in the bible isn't it?
Oh,  I'm sure you have answers, but are they from peer reviewed sources
or are they just the wild eyed ramblings of the 'faithfull'?  Like you
say of Clinton "...lied so much that I can't believe a word said" that is
how I feel about christian dogma.  History is repleat with the acts of
christianity, and no matter what is said, the acts speak for themselves.
Jayson

Jayson
archaeology or even Evolutionary Theory?  Pretty hard to reconcile
scientific proofs with the folktales in the bible isn't it?  Oh,  I'm
sure you have answers, but are they from peer reviewed sources or are
they just the wild eyed ramblings of the 'faithfull'?  Like you say of
Clinton "...lied so much that I can't believe a word said" that is how I
feel about christian dogma.  History is
rep Oī rq5 F /ԏ! D  &   ?Z
lh3:*~n   [      3Z From fuzzy22