-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/26/00 6:44:23 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> after reading that link
>  read this one too
>  http://www.religioustolerance.org/tunnels.htm

  How fascinating.  This article states it was largely based upon an article
by John Earl.  The "Issues in Child Abuse Accusations" journal is where Earl
published his story.  This journal comes from the IPT (Institute for
Psychological Therapies.)  IPT is an Underwager/Wakefield Institute.  See
below:

http://www.ipt-forensics.com/about.htm

The Institute for Psychological Therapies is a private practice of clinical
psychology.  It was begun in 1974 by Dr. Ralph Underwager after several years
of private practice in a large, multi-specialty medical clinic and several
years of research work at Youth Research Center.  Ms. Wakefield joined the
IPT staff in 1975.  Dr. Underwager and Ms. Wakefield were married in 1978.
IPT grew to include a professional staff of 16 and was located in
Minneapolis.
-----------
  Underwager and Wakefield made some interesting comments in an interview
with Dutch Journal, "Paidika."  Link to their interview is below - quotes
also below:

http://www.nostatusquo.com/ACLU/NudistHallofShame/Underwager2.html

quotes:

PAIDIKA: Is choosing paedophilia for you a responsible choice for the
individuals?

RALPH UNDERWAGER: Certainly it is responsible. What I have been struck by as
I have come to know more about and understand people who choose paedophilia
is that they let themselves be too much defined by other people. That is
usually an essentially negative definition. Paedophiles spend a lot of time
and energy defending their choice. I don't think that a paedophile needs to
do that. Paedophiles can boldly and courageously affirm what they choose.
They can say that what they want is to find the best way to love.
-----
WAKEFIELD: ..... "There's also a second set of questions I have around a
completely different matter. The problem, as I would state it, is that in the
United States, paedophilia is viewed so negatively that I think the
possibility of harming the young man would be very real. I don't know if a
positive model is possible in the United States. The climate is such in the
United States that it would be very, very difficult for a paedophile, even
with the most idealistic of motives and aspirations, to make his relationship
actually work in practice. "
------
Samantha