-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/26/00 10:46:40 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< >The Japanese were the gun, FDR pulled the trigger; FDR was never
 punished for murdering thousands of men in uniform, not to mention
 hundreds of civilians.
 >Europe is screwed up; they are always having wars.  Why should we have
   protect the British?

 Lessor of two evils. It was that or end up with Bolshevists in charge of
 Eurasia from one end to the other.  It very nearly ended up that way
 anyhow.>>

Lessor of two evils is bad thinking.  That is why we have only the Democrats
and Republicans as the "one" party system.  Russia was in bad shape at the
end of WWII and if we did not join the fray; Russia would have been
devastated and not able to push Communism on Eastern Europe by force.

<< >Ha!  I never claimed to be a woman, then a man, then a woman again.

 Who said you did?>>

That is what you have claimed since you have been on this list, yet you
accuse me of presenting something falsely.

 <<>I think all politicians are a detriment to mankind, not just FDR.  I
 also think it is necessary to expose the lies of all politicians.

 That=92s a different matter. Expose away. I=92m all for it.  But =
 that=92s
 quite a different matter than accusing him of murder. He was
 commander-in-chief. He could do any damn thing he pleased with his
 troops. That what commander-in-chief means. Whether this is a good thing
 or not is also another matter. But good or bad, it is what it is.>>

If he did withhold information that Japan was going to attack then he was a
murderer period.  The CINC has a responsibility to those under his control
and it is not to have them slaughtered needlessly.  If his actions were so
legal, then why were they kept secret all these decades?

 <<>"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
   nothing. "
   - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

 Burke is dead wrong. All that it takes is for evil to get there
 =93firstest with the mostest.=94 Had America=92s fascist tinged =
 isolationist
 propaganda machine not kept US  troops in the barracks as long as they
 did, the war would have been over a whole lot quicker. In Spain, in =
 =9136,
 for example, had the so-called free world joined the armed resistance to
 fascism, fascism could have been stopped in its tracks. WWII, as we know
 it, would never have happened.  Intervention would have headed fascism
 off at the pass. The earlier the intervention the less it would have
 cost in blood and treasure. But Pelley and Lindbergh and Coughlin and
 the rest of those scum preached against it, day after day after day.
 They preached in parks, in stadiums, in churches, in rented halls and on
 corporate  radio. Like saps, the American public let itself be swayed.>>

This is hindsight.  The people at the time couldn't necessarily see it
coming.  Burke is correct, if people had done something about Hitler's rise
to power he would have never taken control of the country, but people didn't
do anything.

<< But the real blame for WWII should be laid, on the propaganda machine,
 but on the capitalists who put up the money to make fascism happen in
 the first place. The American people let them do this, instead of
 hanging the bastards like they deserved. So it was the responsibility of
 the American people to undo the wrong. They should have started a whole
 lot sooner than they did.=20  >>

Read "The Best Enemy Money Can Buy" (author Anthony Sutton) and you will also
see that Communism (in Russia) was supported by those with money in the US,
but we aren't doing anything about that either.  You should also realize that
Bush Sr. and Clinton have both helped the military build-up in Red China as
well, now that Russia has backed down. I don't necessarily see isolationism
as a total detriment.  The UN is hyping this so called "free trade" which is
anything but.  The Europeans should have stopped Hitler from building the
German military, but they didn't have the balls to do so.  One might say they
shouldn't have come down so hard on Germany after WWI, then WWII may never
have happened.

Hitler did have to be stopped there is no question about that, but it still
points to the fact that the US was railroaded into war with Germany by FDR.

Regards,
Bob Stokes