So need an expert here - I have held a copy of the Book of Kells, over
200 years old - now the original one is worth a fortune, and this one
owned by my sister, is worth quite a bit as well.

All this talk about the Illuminati - Illuminate means to "adorn" - but
if you read the following item, you see other meanings...in the bible
you find the Illuminati in the Garden of Eden - it means also, when it
comes to illluminated manuscripts - the word - maybe communication.

But Hebrews 10 and Barach - these are only references to illuminated in
bible - Hebrews 10 is very cyptic - mentions making thy enemies thy
footstool right out of 109th and 110th psalms, masonic significations
and term Nearer to God, in essense - which is Masonic song.

One guy who was inquired re investigation of Titanic said "hey, if
someone started to play that son on the Titanic, I would have felt
threatened"....must have been a mason.

Then we had Clinton's "new covenant" -  remember born again Christians
Gore and Clinton at Democrate Convnention made the New Covenant?   Well
we sure got it .....blood sacrifices as Waco and Ruby Ridge and Balkans
let alone a prostitute in the Oval Office obviously working for Mossad
who was taping the Presidents phone, through the phone of the
prostitute....for that is what she was.

Idea of the Illuminati was to get into the Masons and get ahold of the
finances......always watch the guy with the check book - but now, they
have the US Treasury - what more could they want?

Well the oil for one thing....and these people will murder every
domestic jew and moslem and christian get it - Mormons believe this for
this is what the bible demands, that the Holy Land be destroyed.

Illuminati?   Guess it is what you say it is - but you find he
Illuminati still lurking in the Garden of Eden and in libraries all over
the world.

I have original picture of the Illuminati of the 1740 to 60 period....on
aristocrats, tied up to banks, masons - with statuate of many breasted
Diana - called Charity in the Cellar......those guys at lealst had a
sense of humor and also had lots of pornographic material......John
Wilkes in this picture, as in Lord Sandwich and Dashwood and they form
the pyramid stance, of the day - that darn bank of England - wonder if
they still bury gold in the water - once safest place in the world to
hide your gold.

So this is interesting item......in Paris on the streets once they were
selling sheets from a monastery - illuminated script - monks chants, and
I bought some - gave two to the Schumaker Gallery at the University, and
they are still there with two Hogarths I donated.

The old Hells Fire Club, is today's Bohemian Club, an I think this is
about as close as you can get to the American Illuminati......

The bible is the master plan as used by these demoniacs.

Saba

Contents  Bibliography  Timeline  Home Page
Illuminated Manuscripts
The practice of hand-copying texts used in courtly circles was also the
chief means of distribution in the Church. Scribes were paid to
laboriously copy out by hand the ornate Gothic script that was the
staple of religious discourse. A room in the monastery reserved for this
activity was called the scriptorium and here they not only transcribed
texts but provided "illumination"--elaborately conceived initial
letters, ornamental borders and gilded illustrations. Outstanding
examples of illuminated texts include the seventh and eighth century
works of the Irish School, particularly The Book of Kells and The
Lindisfarne Gospels. Production costs were quite high: an account roll
in Westminster Abbey records that one 14th century Mass book cost 35
pounds--the equivalent of several hundred pounds today--but of this the
scribe received only 4 pounds for two years' work and 1 pound for
clothing. Such books were, understandably, rarities and often chained to
the walls of the monastery.
The technique of illumination sought to release the light, the truth, of
a text from within. It was a light shone through the text, not on it.
The text thus appeared as the walls of a gothic church. These churches
were often made of porous stone which allowed light to filter through
the walls, the light of God was thus all about the parishioners, it did
not shine down on them from above but was the very medium through which
they moved. As Marshall McLuhan writes:
Probably any medieval person would be puzzled at our idea of looking
through something. He would assume that the reality looked through at
us, and that by contemplation we bathed in the divine light, rather than
looked at it. (106)
The glosses, learned commentary, border designs and other decorative
materials did not "illustrate" the text so much as reveal its inner
qualities; text and decoration existed in a kind of continuum that was
the truth of The Word.
In the late eighteenth century, William Blake revived the illuminated
manuscript as a the ideal vehicle for a revolution of the imagination.
In the nineteenth century, John Ruskin singled out the illuminated
manuscript as a manifestation of the radical challenge posed by a
revival of the Gothic in a utilitarian age. The electronic sign of
hypertext also provides new opportunities to reconsider the illuminated
manuscript, as is evident in the early work of Judy Malloy.
© 1995 Christopher Keep, Tim McLaughlin, robin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.iath.virginia.edu/elab/hfl0263.html