-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 01/21/2001 6:04:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Then what you're saying is you have knowledge of the hidden history of the
 Whitehouse well enough to know which former Presidents indulged in the act
 of Oral Sex in the Oval Office. I'm also quite confident after reading some
 of your posts on this list that you would never make a statement as such
 unless you could name the parties involved. Could you give us a quick run
 down on these people? >>
\
Well, for example, one of the funniest stories about the Johnson
administration was that Lady Bird entered the office one day and caught
Johnson and some secretary or other on the couch.  She, of course, flipped a
fit, and after she left, Johnson castigated the Secret Service for allowing
her to enter.  Apparently the Secret Service told him that "she was not their
problem."  So, Johnson had a buzzer installed, and whenever the first lady
left the quarters (for any reason), the buzzer was sounded to ensure  that
the first lady couldn't catch her husband in flagrante delicto (did I spell
that right?) again.  Johnson was famous for his sexual exploits.  He never
fired a favorite of the media, so they didn't tell us about them at the
time--at least not in a blow-by-blow manner (no pun intended).

Somewhere among my souvenirs, I have the names of the two women who were on
the White House staff during the Kennedy years, whose principal function was
to be on hand to remedy any unbidden sexual urges that might threaten the
concentration of whomever needed to think clear thoughts.  They had nicknames
I can't recall, and I'm sure not going to put their real  names on the net.
These women committed no crime, and I think they deserve privacy.  "I" have
pardoned them.  If you wish exact information, I'm sure you can find it
somewhere.

Prudy