-Caveat Lector-

it hasn't been that succesful johannes because comprehensive checkpoints
surrounding london are an impossible task. the police clai to use
intelligence to know when to use such tactics. i am sure no-one has too much
of a problem reaching buck house :)

june, was it "prime suspect" by lynda la plant? sounds like the correct plot
outline. i would not read too much into any subtext to her "work". she has a
habit of exploiting any contemporary fear that is in the news- the cameras
in that story- and in "killer net" LOL she created a drama about net
chatting and roleplaying leading to actual murder etc....  in very much the
same way as she used the cameras in "prime suspect". she is well known for
claimiung to research her subjects- but really not doing very much at all-
as was evident in her potrayal of the internet and roleplaying games. i
think in america in the recent past there have been several urban myths
propogated about D&D leading to cultish deaths and kids being drawn into a
web of evil etc etc.
so- yeah- i agree that there was a subtext regarding the use of cameras- but
anyone aquainted with the actual issues and detail of the subject matter
will see right through it.

generally i am, like most people, uneasy at the cameras- most cities are
putting them in place in town centres- but i am no different from anyone
else- they do make city centres safer at night- but they are quite
exploitable. obviously.
important to note that they are not in any way omnipresent.