-Caveat Lector-

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

Even Clinton Apologists are Beginning to Reject the Clintons' "White Trash"
Behavior

Even Clinton Apologists are Beginning to Reject the Clintons' "White Trash"
Behavior
The "Heart" of the Democrats Concern for Others is Questioned
By: Mary Mostert, Analyst, Original Sources (www.originalsources.com)

February 5, 2000

It's amazing how fast the American people can change their minds sometimes. I
think if the election were held today, and it was an honest election, the
margin of victory for George W. Bush, instead of it being merely an Electoral
College victory, would probably be a 60-40 victory for him.

Somehow, just by being themselves, the contrast between the style of the
Clintons and the style of the new Bush Administration is so stark that all
the sudden a lot of Americans who believed all politicians were the same, and
all of them were corrupt, are realizing that's not true. Even some ardent
Clinton apologists, like Maureen Dowd of the New York Times are beginning to
see the light. In a column yesterday written from the Clintons new home town,
Chappaqua, New York, entitled "Fork it Over, " Dowd illustrates my point:

"It was much more than a tempest over teapots, a debate about demitasse
spoons and sauce boats.
"The kerfuffle about Hillary Clinton's great White House gift heist had a
serious subtext.

"We found ourselves grappling with the same nettlesome issue we have been
dealing with for the last decade, and we will have to deal with for the
indefinite future.

"What is Hillary owed?

"Reparations must be made, clearly, for what she has suffered in her marriage
and what she has sacrificed by going into public service. But when will it be
enough, for Pete's sake?

"Hillary and Bill will be multimillionaires from their book deals. For two
speeches in Florida this week, Bill will earn about the same amount as the
$190,000 cost of the gifts that the Clintons took from the White House - a
cheesy grab that dearly cost them in prestige.

"So why did the Clintons have to be stoned into admitting that greed is not
good?

"Because Hillary wanted to make a point: The Clinton haters - the vast
right-wing conspiracy and the media mob - will not cow them into giving up
what is rightfully theirs.

"And what is rightfully theirs is anything they choose to take.

Bill could have given Hillary all the silver and china and chandeliers she
craved just by doing what comes naturally - talking - and it would never have
been an issue.

"In the end, she had to succumb and write checks for $86,000 worth of tainted
loot. But now we know the junior senator from New York has terribly flawed
judgment. And her sense of entitlement knows no bounds.

"How do you even suggest that someone give you two coffee tables?

"Hillary: 'Oh, Denise, I just love that coffee table of yours.'

"Denise: 'I'll get you one'.

"Hillary: 'Two.'

"I heard about the Hillary secret 'shower' just before Christmas. The story
was that Rita Pynoos, the wife of a Beverly Hills businessman, Morris Pynoos,
was talking to other wealthy Clinton supporters about contributing $5,000
each so Hillary could have all the things she never had a chance to accrue
during her years in public housing.

"There were lists of Hillary's china and silver patterns, available at
Borsheim's in Omaha and other stores. Time was of the essence because
Hillary, who had been elected to the Senate, could take expensive gifts only
until she was sworn in and the Senate gift ban went into effect."

Dowd even, incredibly, took potshots at Bill Clinton's $750,000 per year
penthouse office, that he expected the taxpayers to pay for indefinitely,
noting that:

"He didn't stop Hillary from pigging out because he couldn't. She gets to
decide how they live in this next chapter of their lives. Their neurotic
dance keeps repeating: He acts up. She sends him to his room. But no sooner
does she take charge than she messes up, and he has to clean up the mess. But
as soon as he fixes the politics, he messes up the personal stuff, and the
cycle starts all over again."
I suspect that some of those folks Maureen Dowd has long labeled "Clinton
Haters" and members of the "vast right wing conspiracy" were just ordinary
folks who saw the light long ago, while Maureen and her fellow travelers were
still mesmerized by the glitter of their political position. The minute they
were no longer powerful figures, residents of the majestic White House, she
was able to see that they were, to use an old Southern expression, "just
white trash" in their behavior.

The much touted "caring" that the Democrat leadership, the Clintons and
people like Ted Kennedy, supposedly had, or have, for the poor, the
neglected, the mistreated and the struggling taxpayer is suddenly looking
like so much blather. New Democrats on the political horizon may find
themselves looked at in a very different light is, as Jean Carnahan has done,
they following their leaders in trying to keep Clinton era dirty politics
alive. One of my readers, Nannette Fisher, a schoolteacher, sent me a copy of
her letter to the new Senator from Missouri who returned John Ashcroft's
gracious and kind gesture towards her tragedy in losing her husband and son
in an airplane crash with a slap in the face:

Senator Carnahan,

It is a very sad day and one that will be imbedded in the hearts of many
Americans. Many Americans across this nation observed Senator Ashcroft
concede a very tight race against a dead man. A race that was found to be
riddled with illegal voting. And a race that Senator Ashcroft had every right
to oppose.

Yet he did not oppose the Senate race against your late husband, he conceded
it because he has something that ALL Americans love to see in their Public
Servants, HEART. What type of heart am I speaking of? A heart that puts aside
personal biases and moves out of concern for others. Heart does not seek to
destroy others or condones it from others. A heart that reciprocates out of
compassion that others have given to them.

Many Americans will remember your, "NO" vote against Ashcroft, they will not
soon forget it."

Nannette has put her finger on the issue. It IS a matter of heart - not of
policy or pretense. And pretense, not policy, was behind Carnahan's "no" vote
on John Ashcroft's nomination. She said she wanted to "bring people together
so she cast her incredibly divisive vote and then had the gall, or the enough
conviction that the American people were stupid, to say:

""In casting this vote, I do so knowing that John Ashcroft will likely be
confirmed. I wish him every success. I hope he will take these votes of
dissent as they are intended: not as acts of spite or recrimination, but as
pleas for healing and harmony."
The facts speak loudly in both situations. Even Maureen Dowd finally saw the
greed, not the words mouthed by the Clintons, and it bothered her. Nanette,
and most other people in the nation saw Jean Carnahan's partisan, contentious
and spiteful vote for what it was, her carefully crafted words
notwithstanding.

When she actually runs for election in two years, she may find her vote so
divisive in Missouri that it will cost her the job she was handed so
gracefully by John Ashcroft.

To comment: [EMAIL PROTECTED]