*****************************
Get It Off Your Chest

Comments, suggestions, letters-to-the-editor, rants, chants, curses and
verses should be sent to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

******************************
GOP:  Getting the Job Done

"I want to make the positive argument for the Republicans.  First, the
purpose of a political party is to exercise power by electing people to
public office.  During the past 30 years, elected officials have deregulated
airlines, trucking, banking, and telephones, cut marginal tax rates,
devolved federal welfare, freed up trade with Canada and Mexico, put judges
on the Supreme Court who have restored federalism, enabled homeschooling and
charter schools, and proposed the idea of personal investment accounts
within Social Security.

"None of this was done by elected Libertarians, because there weren't any.
... Republicans are a big-tent party.  By gaining the possibility of
electing people to office, you give up the possibility of ideological
purity.  To give that up is necessary.  If you are not willing to do that,
you are not being serious."

- Columnist Bruce Ramsey, "Liberty" magazine, March 2000

******************************
Quota Chickens Coming Home to Roost

Blacks have been the Democrat Party's most dependable voters.  So
dependable, in fact, that the white leadership of the Democrat Party has
pretty much taken their votes for granted.  "Sure, we want your votes on
election day," seems to be the message, "but in between just go over there
and sit in the corner.  We'll call you if we need you."  But now some
members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), in a stinging letter to the
Democrat campaign committees this week, demanded more clout, more attention,
more leadership positions and more lucrative contracts for black political
consultants.

"Failure to sufficiently address these concerns will justify a fundamental
re-evaluation of African-American loyalty to the Democratic Party," warns
the CBC in its letter.  The members ... many of whom are considered the most
outrageously radical of the Democrats' left wing ... are also demanding "a
diversity audit of the (Democrat) campaign committees' employment and
contracting practices."  Ah ... live by the quota, die by the quota.
Actually, we're in sympathy with the plight of the poor CBC.  In fact, we'd
like nothing better than to see loud-mouth Maxine Waters replace Dicky
Gephardt as leader of the Democrat congressional band.  What a circus THAT
would be!

- Chuck Muth, Editor

******************************
Whites Only

"Black voters have been Mr. Clinton's most loyal backers. But what will they
think when they learn that he granted clemency to a hard-case white drug
dealer who hired Mr. Clinton's brother-in-law, when so many young
African-Americans are in prison because of lesser drug offenses? This from a
president who tried to use the same race card against Republicans?  The
former prosecutor in the case, Todd Jones, told ABC yesterday that the
prison commutation for Carlos Vignali 'further erodes any confidence that
the public, particularly communities of color, may have' in the fair
enforcement of the drug laws. Could this one be too much even for Maxine
Waters?  OK, nothing's ever too much for her."

- Columnist Paul Gigot, "Potomac Watch," 2/23/01

******************************
How About "War & Piece"?

"And now rumors spread that Clinton is shopping a two-book deal - one a
memoir, the other a novel of the White House. The Washington Post is already
running a contest to name the novel.  Catcher in the Thigh. Devil with a
Blue Dress On. Bedtime for Bubba. From Rags to the Riches. It Takes a
Pillage. White Trash Christmas. Fast Times at 1600 Pennsylvania High."

- Columnist Howie Carr, Boston Herald, 2/22/01

******************************
Better Put Some Clearasil On That

"I know one thing, I am ready to move beyond the Bill Clinton scandals.  But
like zits on a teenager's face they just keep popping up!"

- J. C. Bowman, Director of Education Policy, Tennessee Institute for Public
Policy, 2/23/01

*****************************
Presidential Herpes

"What's the deal with former President Clinton?  Boy, this guy just won't go
away. You know, he's like a sexually transmitted disease.  We can't get rid
of him, you know?  Every couple of days, he flares up."

- NBC's "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno, 2/22/01

*****************************
Trick Question

"Question: Name one thing beneath Bill Clinton's dignity.  Answer: This is a
trick question, like asking whether zero is odd or even.  It has no known
answer."

- Columnist Tony Snow, 2/23/01

*****************************
It Had to Be Hugh

"The Rodham-Clintons have said (Hugh Rodham) gave the money back.  No one
has promised that he would not be REPAID at some future time.  I am willing
to bet there will be some fees paid to Hugh over the next year or so for
unspecified legal work which will total oh, what?  Four hundred grand?"

- Rich Galen, "Mullings," 2/23/01

******************************
What Did You Know & When Did You Know It?

"It is inconceivable that Bruce Lindsey did not tell Bill Clinton that Hugh
Rodham had called him and asked for a pardon for convicted drug dealer
Carlos Vignali Jr. Lindsey is Clinton's best friend and closest confidante -
a man of proven loyalty, no matter how low his boss sinks. He admits that
Rodham called him twice to ask about a pardon for Vignali.

"If Lindsey knew, Clinton knew. It would have been an unspeakable violation
of trust if Lindsey, in reviewing pardons with Clinton, did not pass on the
fact that Hugh was involved. Bruce Lindsey does not withhold relevant
information from Bill Clinton. That's not how the two of them work. Lindsey
is in on everything and tells Bill everything. That's why he's still
around."

- Former Clinton confidante Dick Morris, New York Post, 2/23/01

*****************************
Campaign Hot Tips - FREE!

For those of you in the trenches - as candidates, campaign managers,
volunteers, consultants, party leaders, etc. - we're now publishing a new
FREE e-newsletter called "Campaign Hot Tips."  This short e-newsletter will
go out just a couple times each month and will include helpful ideas, hints
and tips on running political campaigns, party organizations or clubs.  To
subscribe and begin receiving your FREE "Campaign Hot Tips," just go to:
http://www.CampaignTraining.com and sign up.  It's that easy.  Here's your
first tip:  Do it right now!

************************
Attention Goldwater Republicans

Tired of mushy-moderate, go-along-to-get-along Republicans-In-Name-Only
(RINOs)?  Tired of Republican activists who are long on words but way short
on actual deeds?  Then join the GOP organization that both talks the talk
and walks the walk - The Republican Liberty Caucus.  We think like Goldwater
and campaign like Atwater.  Principle AND Action.  What a concept.  Join the
growing movement to return our country to its constitutional,
limited-government roots by going to:
http://www.RepublicanLibertyCaucus.com.

************************
Help Spread the Word

GOP News & Views has a subscriber base of Republican activists, political
leaders and elected officials of over 17,000+ ... and growing each day.  If
you know someone who does not receive our FREE GOP News & Views briefings,
you can sign them up at http://www.GOPNewsAndViews.com.

************************************
POLITICAL E-CLASSIFIEDS
************************************

*  Attention Activists:  Help support the Boy Scouts in their fight against
opponents who are trying to deny them their constitutionally guaranteed
right of free association.  Go to:  www.defendscouting.com.  Also, sign the
petition to overturn Bill Clinton's outrageous executive orders creating
national monuments in communities without input from local citizens.  Go to:
www.monumentpetition.com

*   50 State Ranking For Taxation & Enterpreneurship @ $2. This 67 page
large booklet ranks the fifty states for tax burden and other factors.  How
does your state rank?  Where should you retire or start a business? This
excellent report from the Small Business Survival Committee should be in
your reference library.  Send $2 cash or check for postage to:  Taxpayers
Network Inc.,  W67 N222 Evergreen Blvd #202, Cedarburg, WI  53012-2645.
Your booklet will be shipped within 2 business days per Michael Riley, TNI
Founder.

*  The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports, "If Al Gore had won his home state
of Tennessee, he would be President-elect now - Florida or no Florida."
Conquest Communications & Data is proud to have been the Tele-Contact
consultant to the Tennessee Republican Party's VICTORY 2000 campaign.  When
the election's on the line, why not go for total, undeniable CONQUEST!!!
http://www.conquestcd.org

*  NEIGHBORHOOD RESEARCH MOUNTAINTOP MEDIA.  Polling and media for
conservatives who have the guts to win.  Contact Rick Shaftan 973-726-8114
or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*  SOCIAL SECURITY: The Imperative For Financial And Political Reform.
Order this 24 page minibook for $3.  Unfunded liabilities of our Social
Security System are now about $75,000 per fulltime employee in the USA.
This minibook answers the questions:  What's the problem? --- What's the
fix? --- What can you do?  "Read it and then mail it to your Congressman"
says Michael Riley of Taxpayers Network.  To order send $3 cash/check to:
Taxpayers Network, W67 N222 Evergreen Blvd #202, Cedarburg, WI  53012.  Your
minibook will be mailed firstclass within 2 workdays.

*  ARENA COMMUNICATIONS is the only GOP direct mail firm to help defeat 3
Congressional Democrats during the last two cycles (only 4 were defeated
nationally).  Check out www.winningmail.com or call 801-595-8339.

*  Picture Perfect Campaigns.  The nation's leading provider of voter
contact mail for Republican candidates.  Producing the most dynamic and
talked about campaign mail, Picture Perfect has helped elect hundreds of
Republicans on tight budgets.  Picture Perfect is a turnkey direct mail
provider for all levels of campaigns.  They offer full creative, printing
and mailhouse services for political mail.  Because of their high year-round
production of direct mail, they offer significant savings on four-color
mail.  Visit their web site at http://www.ppc2win.com or call (800) 730-3116
for samples and information.  Mention GOP News & Views and you will receive
1,000 FREE brochures with any order of 10,000 or more pieces.

*  CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY PROVIDES WINNING MARGIN:  Increasingly, more
success stories are being told about close elections that are won with the
help of AUTOMATED TELEPHONE TECHNOLOGY.  To find out more about this
powerful, inexpensive campaign tool, contact Jerry Dorchuck at
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or Ted Hilliard at <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Automated
TeleSystems, Inc.  Ted- 916-804-3966 or Jerry 215-370-5509.

Published by:
Chuck Muth, Editor
3659 Scotwood Street
Las Vegas, NV  89121
Phone:  (702) 454-0350
Fax:  (702) 454-7798
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web site:  http://www.gopnewsandviews.com

The opinions and views expressed in GOP News & Views reflect those of the
writers, editors and columnists therein.

To be REMOVED from this mailing list, visit our web site at
http://www.gopnewsandviews.com or send an empty email (no subject or message
body required) to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
You will recieve an automated confirmation request. Upon replying to that
request, you will be automatically removed from this mailing list.

# # #