-Caveat Lector-

http://members.tripod.com/~american_almanac/enemy.htm
Lyndon LaRouche's observations about America's historic enemy, the British
Empire

I think everyone knows that the United States was engaged in a couple of
wars, actually more than two, against the British Monarchy, and with very,
very good reason....
The difference then, as now, in this case here at hand, is [that] the
British Monarchy, and our Constitution, represent two absolutely opposite
conceptions of Mankind, of the Nation, and everything else that we believe.
The basis for our Republic, was a belief which, in Europe, was founded in
Christianity: the belief that man was made in the image of God--man and
woman are made in the image of God, and are given a certain quality which
enables them to exert dominion over the other things in nature. And that
this gift, as the Christians understood it, was the gift of Reason; the
thing that we cultivate in a child by giving it a good education; the thing
we cultivate in an adult, by giving the adult the opportunity to express the
power of reason as developed within the adult, as some suitable kind of life
opportunity. That is, the access to a choice of life opportunity, which
brings out a meaningful potential from the mortal life, from beginning to
end.

We believe that the nation-state must be constituted to guarantee and
provide that right to each individual, whereas under the previous systems of
government, 95% of the population of every culture we know of on this
planet, whether from history or pre-history, that 95% of the people lived as
cattle, as human cattle, as slaves or serfs, or worse....

So, we became the model for the modern nation-state. We didn't fully succeed
in getting a pure modern nation-state, because relics of the old financier
oligarchy, in particular, stayed on in Europe, and we acquired an oligarchy,
a Wall Street oligarchy, a New England blueblood oligarchy, and a Southern
slave-owner tradition. But we represented the high point of civilization,
and no American should ever forget that. There's no nation on this planet
which has the honor that the United States has, in terms of its form of
government, and the form of economy, which we sometimes used, and sometimes
didn't, called the American System of National Economy....

Now the British Empire today, contrary to what most Americans are misled to
believe, is still an empire, but of a very special form. It's called the
Commonwealth. Most people don't know how the British Empire functions. They
think--they believe a silly fairy tale, that the British Parliament runs
Britain. It's not true. They believe that the Queen of England is a
figurehead. It's not true. They don't know what's going on. The Parliament
is a joke. It's an adaptation, a reform of the Monarchy. It does not run the
Monarchy. The Queen runs from the top down, through a Privy Council. Number
One on the Privy Council, after the Queen, is the Church of England, the
head of the Church of England, and then a whole lot of other people, about
500. These 500 people run the British Empire, including the apparatus of its
old Colonial Office. The Colonial Office was never disbanded. They call it
the Overseas Development Office now. The Crown Agents who ran the colonies
still function. They operate whole countries around the world. The mercenary
forces we see in Africa and elsewhere are British mercenary forces, under
the personal, direct command of the Queen through a thing called the Corps
of Commissionaires; that is, these are generally retired military veterans,
officers and high-ranking non-coms usually, both from the British
Commonwealth system; that is, the various members of the British
Commonwealth, or people like Americans, who are ex-GIs, officers and
soldiers, who are, as was the case with Ollie North, and people like that,
under George Bush, were recruited as mercenary auxiliaries within the
British mercenary system.

========

from http://members.tripod.com/~american_almanac/venlar93.htm :

The issue is as follows:

The essence of Christianity, and of Mosaic Judaism, is identified
historically first, by Philo Judaeus in his commentary on the first chapter
of Genesis, that is, the account of Creation given by Moses. The point to be
emphasized, is that man is defined in the image of God: not by virtue of any
outward physical attributes of form, but rather by the fact that man, unlike
all animals, contains that spark of creativity which places the human
species apart from and above the animals in general. That spark is the
crucial thing.

This view of man, which is emphasized for Christianity by God become man in
the form of Christ, defines all human beings as potentially reconciled with
God, because of that within them, that divine spark, which is in the image
of God.

Thus, the notion of any form of elect, or a preselection by grace, except by
a merit of choice by the individual who is self-selected, is an abomination.
It is an abomination, because it denies the fundamental principle of Mosaic
Judaism and Christianity, the species of individual man in the image of God,
by virtue of man's creative mental powers.

=======
http://www.totse.com/en/conspiracy/institutional_analysis/larouche.html
The "postwar" political context for the growth of LaRouche's movement, in
the last decades of a century in which the Anglo-American establishment has
provoked two world wars, global depression, incessant conflicts, and vast
suffering and misery for considerably more than 4 billion of the world's 5
billion inhabitants, has great parallels to the lives of St. Augustine,
Dante, Nicolaus of Cusa, and Leibniz. Leibniz emerged in the seventeenth
century in the aftermath of the Thirty Years War; Cusa--a half-century after
the Black Death--in the fifteenth century out of the Hundred Years War;
Dante out of the brutal wars between the Guelphs and Ghibellines in the
thirteenth century; and Augustine, of course, after the bloody collapse of
the Roman Empire in the fourth century.

While each operated in a brutal "postwar" period, looking down the barrel of
an even more hideous dark age, their focus was on how to create a totally
new civilization based upon mobilizing the essence of Christian culture,
God's living image in man, a divine spark of creative reason inherent in
each individual in contradistinction to the oligarchy's promotion of pagan
culture as a means of enforcing slavery, genocide, and menticide. The common
secret to all of their achievements was to plant, nourish, and harvest a
sense of cultural optimism--what LaRouche has identified as the "Beethoven
principle"-- in an otherwise impossible historical period.