-Caveat Lector-

>From: "Nurev Ind." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [CTRL] Sharon War Criminal - and Palestinian propaganda.
>Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:31:12 -0400
>
>-Caveat Lector-

> > >took
> > >
> > >Yes he was.

> > >I don't know. But if there is, that's not the law under which Sharon is
> > >being charged. It is a  special law recently enacted but it's not clear
> > >to me by whom.
> > >

> > Special law ? to be a war criminal you have to break the Geneva
>conventions
> > and they have been in force for over 50 years.
>
>This is a new arrangement created in Belgium. The Palestinians are not
>coming
>before the United Nations to enforce the Geneva Conventions. They are
>bringing
>their case to Belgium. By the way, the USA has not recognized either
>Belgium
>OR the World Court in the Hague. They are afraid that what is happening to
>Sharon could happen to the American military any where in the world. It's
>hard to maintain a criminal empire when you can be brought up on charges.
>For
>this reason they will grudgingly skunk the trial. Because they hate Sharon.
>They can't control him like they can Peres and the Laborites.

ah, ok now i understand. slight confusion here.  Yeah i do NOT think sharon
will get found guilty for Genocide or crimes against humanity, but i think
he will be found guilty for war crimes if he stands for trial.

Yeah its a shame when the self appointed 'leader of the free world' has to
be afraid of international justice, but is willing to put that same justice
on to others.

> > ariel sharon has broken the
> > geneva conventions pretaining to the safeguarding of civilians at a time
> > when the land is occupied
> >
> > since you do not know and might not believe me ill give you a link and
>you
> > can find out for yourself.  http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/92.htm
> > Im hoping that you'll trust the site, it is the United Nations site
>after
> > all.
> >
> > >Are you well versed in international law?

> > >Yes.

>sharon
> >
> > >No they don't. You don't know that law. You are making presumptions
>based
> > >on ignorance. For Sharon to be indicted as a war criminal he would have
> > >to have had intent. Further more, it would have to be proven.
> >
> > please dont lecture me on law, and if you were brave enough you would
>debate
> > without having to resort to mud slinging.
> >
> > War crimes do not have to show or prove intent, crimes against humanity
>and
> > genocide however do need to.  Ariel sharon is NOT being accused of
>crimes
> > against humanity or genocide.  However he is being accused of breaking
> > geneva conventions.
>
>Ok Goolie I won't lecture you on Belgian law. Since you sound so confident,
>I will presume that you are a lawyer. Maybe you can explain this...
>
>  Chibli Mallat, one of the lawyers filing the case, has
>explicitly stated that the "The complaint is filed against Ariel Sharon,
>Amos
>Yaron and any Israeli or Lebanese person responsible for *** genocide,
>crimes
>against humanity,*** and war crimes that happened between the 16th and 18th
>of
>September, including the killing, torture, rape and "disappearance" of from
>1000 to 3500 civilians - children and women as well as men, Lebanese as
>well
>as Palestinians".
>
>By the way, you'll notice the number of dead is really unknown. But when
>it's
>presented by the Palestinians, it gets bigger and bigger. Do you have any
>idea
>what it takes to kill 3,500 people and then get rid of the bodies?

Dude, i dont think that you should be so critical of the amount of dead
people, international agency have said a number (think it was 2000 i cant
remember off hand) i mean there are bodies that are buried that may not have
been found.  whatever the amount i think its safe to say it was a tragedy.

> > If you still do not believe me, here is another link
> > http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/go.asp?MFAH0ign0
> > This link is the ministry of foriegn affairs of the israeli goverment.
>This
> > site details a report by Yitzhak Kahan commissioned to find out what
> > happened.  What it found was that Ariel sharon was indirectly
>responsible
> > for the killings but directly responsible for disregarding the safety of
>the
> > people at the camps
>
>The Kahan Commission needed to produce a scapegoat to appease world
>opinion.
>So they did. Sharon got a slap on the wrist. He was forced to resign as
>defense minister. But he was right back in government when the Likud
>regained
>power. I don't see much value in the Kahan Commission's work. I see it as
>a cover up.
>
> > Look, nurev, be brave and be a man to know what is right, Im not backing
> > arafat, syrians, egyptians, israelis or anyone else.
>
>I believe that you believe what you are saying. But you are wrong. You are
>in fact backing the PLO in a very important maneuver.
>
> > In fact i would like to
> > see their cumuppance.  I am also not attacking the jews/israelis, but
>what i
> > am humbly trying to do is show you that a man who should be indicted and
>at
> > LEAST tried for war crimes is now in control of a very powerful country.
>  Do
> > you not agree that he should be at least tried ?
>
>Yes I do. I love it when Elites get busted. ANY elites. But you have got to
>understand the politics of what is going on here. This case is being used
>as a
>political weapon against the Israeli head of state. THE MOST FEARED Israeli
>head of state that Israel's enemies have ever faced. It's an AMAZING
>COINCIDENCE that those at war with the Israeli leader are bringing these
>charges
>against him AT THIS TIME. Whether he is guilty as charged ( and I am not
>yet
>convinced that he is ) is not the point of my posting. My point is as
>stated.
>That the reason for bringing it now is to defang him, or even better, get
>him replaced. THAT is the point of all this. Then the Palestinians win this
>war. They have successfully destabilized five Israeli governments and
>ruined
>four political careers and managed to help get one assassinated. It's not
>going
>to happen again.

Ok, lets take an example. Hitler.
Now lets say when he gassed the jews, nazi germany instigated a commission
to find the truth, they found that it was his fault that the jews died.

Now you are basically saying that hitler should not be tried because it
might give the opposition ammunition to attack hitlers standing.

(I know this isnt quite the same scenario, but the basics are there)

im glad that we share the same glee when people who abuse power are brought
to justice, that shows at least that there is no more tyranny in a democracy