Verified: you can get anybody you want kicked off Hotmail
By John Lettice

When we reported Hotmail's zero-tolerance spam policy last week we thought it
just might be possible to get the innocent Hotmail user of your choice kicked
off the system with a simple email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

But it was just a thought - the single incident we reported last week was
surely just a mistake, and there's absolutely no way a grown-up operation
would do this as a matter of course, right? Wrong, apparently - after reading
the story, Fritz Öhman set about to duplicate the circumstances, and guess
what?

Fritz simply repeated the moves that had previously led to Gareth Kitchener
losing his Hotmail account. Gareth had tried to post to a mailing list that
turned out to block Hotmail accounts (on the grounds that they generate MSN
spam), and the list had autoresponded to him with a message explaining why
Hotmail accounts were blocked, ccing it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The staff there apparently didn't read the message, which referred to spam
from MSN, not from Gareth, but they must have read "spam" and Gareth's
Hotmail address, because they immediately terminated his account.

Over to Fritz for a demonstration of how to delete anybody you want. First he
created a new Hotmail account, then sent an email from it to his regular POP
mail. He then replied to the Hotmail account as follows: