-Caveat Lector-

I've added a few more items to this timeline....see below....

>> 2000
>> ----

Sometime around June, or generally in the summer of this year (2000),
Anna Marie Smith starts her affair with Condit (she claims they had a
relationship for approx. 10 months at the time Levy disappeared).

>> Nov.             L visits her Aunt in Maryland from Washington during
>>                  Thanksgiving. The two discuss Levy's romantic life,
>>                  according to the Washington Post, a discussion which
>>                  contradicts the denials later issued by Condit's office
>>                  about an affair between the intern and the congressman
>>                  (Slate)

It would seem that the affair with Levy must have begun immediately upon
their first meeting; keep in mind that Condit's affair with Smith had
been going on for some months at this time...

>> 2001
>> ----
>>
>> Jan.             About now L was telling both her aunt and her landlord
>>                  that she might leave her apartment and move in with her
>>                  boyfriend (Slate)
>>
>> 01/20            L attends one of President Bush's inaugural balls (WP)

Alone?

>> @April: Friday before Passover, visits aunt. Parents arrive next day.
>> Levy shows aunt the bracelet she says was given to her by Rep. Gary A.
>> Condit.

Sometime "at the beginning of April", Anna Marie Smith visits Condit at
his apartment, and discovers at least one hair that she IDs as Levy's,
even though Smith claims to have never met Levy and indeed claims to not
have known Condit was seeing anyone else but her (Smith).  Smith also
claims to have seen something which suggested bondage games were occuring
in Condit's bedroom, and claims that this along with some vague 'other
things' now makes her afraid of Condit.

>> Apr.        During Passover L sees the relative who visited during
>>             Thanksgiving, and again they discuss Levy's romantic life
>>             reports the Washington Post. The relative tells
>>             Chandra's mother, the news. Susan calls Chandra and asks
>>             her if she's been seeing Condit. Susan Levy says Chandra
>>             replies, 'How did you know?' (Slate)
>>
>> 4/14 S      L's 24th BD party. Chandra "bursting with plans" (NYDN)
>>
>> @April 14: Levy's birthday celebrated at godparents' house in the
>>            Washington area.

Sometime around this time -- "around the middle of April" -- Levy
reportedly has 'a discussion' with Condit at his apartment regarding
Jennifer Thomas, the intern who purportedly had not only an affair with
Condit but his love child also, some 5 to 7 years before.

>> @April 20:  Bureau of Prisons tells her internship is over. >>
>>
>> 4/23 M      Internship "abruptly" ended (BOP says routinely
>>             ended) (NYDN)

Is it merely coincidence that the BoP suddenly discovered Levy's
graduation status and routinely ends Levy's internship in an abrupt
manner, only a short time after Levy's purported 'discussion' with Condit
about Jennifer Thomas?

>> *4/28 S     Levy leaves two messages on landlord's machine saying that
>>             her job had ended abruptly. She e-mails that she would
>>             like to move out soon - May 5 or 6 - because "I have no
>>             real reason to stay around here."

So....Levy finds out either on Friday, 4/20, or Monday, 4/23, that her
internship was ended...yet she waits until the following Saturday, 4/28,
to contact her landlord to say she'll be moving out in a few days...

The fact that she didn't contact the landlord immediately suggests that
she spent the week trying to make arrangements of some sort..and by 4/28
she realized that nothing was going to pan out, at least anytime soon...

>> 4/29 S           Condit and L last speak by phone (per Condit)
>>                  L calls aunt announcing she had "big news!" (NYDN)
>>                  L videotaped at 7-11 in Arlington, VA though she
>>                  has no car (NYDN)

The 'big news', in the context of this timeline, would seem to probably
be in regards to Levy's job prospects, and whether she'd be able to
remain living in D.C.  The 'big news' (whether coming from Condit, or
from another source) may have been in regards to her being offered a job,
albeit one that wouldn't start for some weeks, hence Levy's plans to go
home for a week or more to visit her parents weren't changed.

>> 5/01 T 10:45 am    Chandra emails mother about flight home in general,
>>                    there seems to have been no flight selected by then.

Or someone with access to Levy's apartment and who knew her ID and
password logged on and sent the email to Levy's mother.

>> *5/03 T     Landlord calls and e-mails Levy, thinking something
>>             is wrong because of her usually meticulous nature.
>>             There is no response Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
>>
>> *5/03 T     Levy's parents call the apartment's building manager
>>             and ask him to open Chandra's apartment and see if
>>             she's there. The manager refuses, saying he can't
>>             by law.
>>
>> 5/04 F
>>
>> 5/05 S      Parent's call D.C. police this day or next (reports vary)

Something doesn't seem right here...the landlord doesn't get any response
to his emails to Levy for more than 3 days; at this time he gets a call
from Levy's parents asking him to enter Levy's apartment because of their
concern for her safety and wellbeing, but the landlord refuses, citing
some unnamed law precluding him from doing so....

I don't know ANY law that prevents a landlord from entering his own
premises in an emergency situation....

But instead of calling the police, the landlord AND the parents continue
to send Levy emails for 3 days...the parents don't finally call the D.C.
police until the following weekend...

That seems pretty strange, on both the landlord's and parents' part.  One
would have expected the landlord, after the Tuesday phone call from
Levy's concerned parents, to have done more than just email Levy...phone
her, go to the apartment and knock on the door...and after getting no
response to not only his emails, but attempted phone calls and knocks on
her door, that he would have called her parents back and said "Gee, I've
tried for more than a day to get your daughter not only by email, but by
phone and I even went to her apartment a couple of times and knocked on
the door, but no one answered.  You might want to call the police and
have them check it out..."

Okay, so maybe the landlord just didn't want to get involved...one also
has to wonder why the concerned parents waited until the weekend to call
the D.C. police...

June

Check out Alternative Kite Radio at
http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno.com

Alternative Kite Radio (low-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Radio (high-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (it's always summer somewhere)
Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (everyday's a holiday)