-Caveat Lector-

flw wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> > This is yet another example of the ridiculous crap the conservatives, taking
> > their cue from their heros in the oil industry, continue to post to try to justify
> > your extreme political views. What a farce!
>
> The above shows how stupid the debate about global warming has
> become. It is not a "liberal" or "conservative" issue - it is an issue
> of facts.
>
> When science becomes ideology, science becomes warped.
>
> Global warming may or may not be occurring. Eventually the earth
> ALWAYS goes through a "warming" phase as well as a "cooling" phase.
>
> The issue is whether or not human activity has a causative effect
> on climate, and if so, what is that effect?

That's not really the issue. The issue is whether or not we are going through
a climate change that destabilizes our societies. It hardly matters what the
cause is except if there is something we can do about it.

If global warming is happening because of greenhouse gasses ( and it is ),
then it doesn't make sense to add to the problem by accelerating the process.
At best we need to put our human abilities to MODERATE the effects as much
as we can.

This means that we stop throwing fuel on the fire, and start removing as
much as we can. This MIGHT reduce the intensity of the changes. Furthermore
we should be planning for instability where we can.

> It is also an issue of proportionality. It is beyond dispute that there are
> many causes of climate change such as solar flare ups,

wrong.

> undersea
> venting,

Possibly.

> earth tilt,

Wrong.

> volcanic activity.

Definitely.

But you missed entirely the actual probable reason which is the cyclical
dieoff of the world's major forests. This happens naturally and starts
the process of increasing CO2 by losing the natural mechanism which removes
and regulates the Greenhouse gas in the atmosphere.

> Generally these occurrences have
> such profound effect on climate that any effect contributed by humans
> is minimal.

This is probably true. But if humans and their animals are contributing
at a key point in time, then WE could act as the straw that breaks the camel's
back. We are both cutting down forests at an unprecedented rate, AND using
fossil fuels to power our wasteful economies. These are exactly the wrong
things to be doing at this particular time.

This is stupid, suicidal, and unnecessary.

> The concern of so many Ideological Globalwarmers is the handwringing
> over coastal populations and arable crop lands. This is misleading.

No it's not misleading. It is a fact. It just hasn't effected YOU that much
yet.

> The real cause of negative climate impact on humans is that
> overpopulation causes many more humans to be impacted.

This might be true, but not the point at all. Also, humans are the only
species affected by climate change. Everything is affected by climate change.

> Climate has always impacted humans and severe climate change
> has had profound effects on human evolution, and according to many
> evolutionary sociologists is a critical factor.
> flw

True, but again not the point.

Joshua2