From: "Damian B. Cooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 9:47 PM
Subject: [CTRL] Blacks, Jews squabble over White Guilt loot

-Caveat Lector-

The big dumb White working class ultimately pays for everything in
America.

The big dumb White working class are ultimately those paying for
Zionism
and keeping
the Zionist State in business.

Should those people who are not Blacks, not Jews, not Hispanics,
not
Asians, and not Gays (Gays, of course had no rights, and therefore,
were
not permitted
to own slaves)  be obligated to pay reparations for slavery?

Would reparations for slavery eat into the generous cash flow
currently enjoyed
by Zionism.

Stay tuned.

>>BEHIND THE HEADLINES
>>http://www.jta.org/story.asp?story=8323
>>
>>Jews soothe tensions over slave reparations
>>By Michael J. Jordan
>>
>>NEW YORK, Aug. 15 (JTA) - As Jewish activists scramble to block
an effort to
>>resurrect the
>>"Zionism is Racism" canard, they also are working to defuse
potential
>>problems with the
>>black community over the issue of slavery reparations.
>>
>>In the run-up to the U.N. World Conference Against Racism, slated
to begin
>>Aug. 31 in
>>Durban, South Africa, attention has focused on the Arab campaign
to single
>>out Israel as a
>>racist state perpetrating a holocaust against the Palestinian
people.

>>In response, pro-Israel advocates have enlisted as many allies as
they can
>>find -
>>including America's mainstream black leadership.
>>
>>Lost in the shuffle, however, has been the cause celebre of some
black
>>leaders: forcing
>>the U.N. conference to address the legacy of slavery, even
holding the
>>Western powers
>>accountable for their historic role in the slave trade.
>>
>>That has placed American Jewish activists in an awkward position.
>>
>>Jews have relied on the Bush administration to lobby against the
attempt to
>>denigrate
>>Zionism as racism, as well as other perceived anti-Israel or
anti-Semitic
>>wording.
>>
>>A senior South African official said this week that the "Z=R"
issue had been
>>removed from
>>the conference agenda, according to Reuters.
>>
>>However, an American Jewish Committee official working closely on
the issue
>>dismissed the
>>purported compromise as "subterfuge."
>>
>>In the current draft, references to Zionism and Israel simply are
replaced
>>with the term
>>"occupying power," said Jason Isaacson, the AJCommittee's
director of
>>government and
>>international affairs.
>>
>>But the document still "is written for no other purpose than to
single out
>>Israel,"
>>Isaacson said.
>>
>>The Bush administration has threatened to boycott the conference
if attempts
>>to link
>>Zionism and racism continue, perhaps keeping Secretary of State
Colin Powell
>>at home or
>>sending only lower-level diplomats.
>>
>>Either step likely would undermine the credibility of any
declaration to
>>emerge from
>>Durban.
>>
>>Indeed, for Powell, America's first black secretary of state, to
attend
>>would be "a prize
>>for the conference," one Jewish activist said.
>>
>>For that very reason, the U.S. congressional black leadership
insists that
>>Powell attend
>>to deal with the slavery issue, despite the anti-Israel rhetoric.
>>
>>In exchange for their support for the Jewish cause - and to
maintain
>harmony in
>>occasionally bumpy relations - some blacks want Jews to stand
with them on
>>slavery, which
>>in Durban may include a demand for reparations.
>>
>>Jewish organization have yet to formulate a position on slavery
reparations,
>>and the black
>>community itself seems divided on the issue.
>>
>>The Bush administration rejects the call for reparations and has
indicated
>>that, if
>>addressed at all, the issue must be tackled on America's own
terms, not at an
>>international conference.
>>
>>Joining the blacks would force Jews to lock horns with the one
ally that has
>>enough sway
>>to make or break the conference.
>>
>>Moreover, if Washington carries through on its threat to boycott
Durban over
>>Z=R, there is
>>concern that some blacks would blame Jews for it. They also might
accuse the
>>Bush
>>administration of using Z=R as a smokescreen to duck debate on
America's
>>slave-owning
>>past.
>>
>>Over the past month, anger has built in Congress against the Arab
campaign
>>to link Zionism
>>with racism, culminating with a July 26 resolution sponsored by
Rep. Tom
>>Lantos (D-Calif.)
>>that condemned the direction in which the conference appeared
headed.

>>Black politicians reportedly were irritated by what they
considered the Jews'