-Caveat Lector-

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Damian B. Cooper wrote:
>> land and water rights. He's an irrigation ditch for the local interests. His
>> blond family--Carolyn, Cadee and Chad--is off a cornflakes box.
>
>A snotty, racist jab from celebrity leftist Christopher Hitchens.
>
>"Blond" is a racist codeword used by the left.
>
>The fact that Condit's family is "blond", hence NOT black, NOT hispanic, NOT
>Asian, and NOT Jewish,

Strange...I know a fair number of Jews who have naturally blond hair...

I've never heard anyone using the term 'blond' in reference to anyone's
ethnic background, but perhaps that's a regional thing; around
here, someone who is 'lily white' is referred to as that -- 'lily
white'; also just plain 'white', 'WASP', 'vanilla' or 'plain
vanilla', sometimes 'whitey' and occasionally 'honky', altho the latter
isn't as popular as it once was...someone who is looking for a pseudo-
scientific term will sometimes use the term 'Euro-American'...

The term 'blond' is usually used to comment on one's mental acuity, or
more accurately the lack thereof...as in "she was having a 'blond'
moment" or "he's a typical 'dumb blond'"...

And in THAT context, the Condits have been VERY 'blond', irregardless of
their hair color....   ;-)

June

Check out Alternative Kite Radio at
http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno.com

Alternative Kite Radio (low-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Radio (high-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (it's always summer somewhere)
Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (everyday's a holiday)