-Caveat Lector-

 Gen. Singlaub: Prepare for Biological, Chemical Attacks

Thursday, September 13, 2001
Gen. Jack Singlaub, the former U.S. supreme commander of all U.S.
forces in Korea, told NewsMax that additional, more significant
attacks against the U.S. could take place in the next several
weeks.
He warned that an escalation of terror - which might follow such an
elaborate scheme as we have already seen unfold - might include the
use of chemical or biological weapons of mass destruction.

General Singlaub said that he shared the views of NewsMax national
security consultant, Col. Stanislav Lunev, who has also issued a
similar warning.

"This is my view," he said, "There is a possibility of a biological
or chemical attack."

The view that additional attacks are likely is shared by the U.S.
government.

Fox News reported last evening that "lawmakers were told in
classified briefings that additional attacks are 'possible if not
probable' and they should not assume a false sense of security.
This message has been conveyed with a very deliberate and serious
level of magnitude."

"This is really war," Gen. Singlaub told NewsMax.com. Singlaub
himself witnessed the fireball explosion at the Pentagon, he lives
just a quarter-mile from the military complex.

His analysis follows, with direct quotes in bold:

1. Go beyond the terrorists.

"This time we need to strike not only at the terrorists, but the
countries that give them safe harbor, that finance them, that
provide them sanctuary."

2. Russia and China

"We need to remember that Russia and China continue to be in
alliances with many of the nations that are supporting these
terrorists."

3. President Clinton is largely responsible for this disaster.

"He decimated U.S. forces. He helped the very nations seeking to
harm us, Russia and China. He claimed they were strategic partners.
Russia and China have been backing these terrorist countries like
Iraq."

"What Clinton did was get the good people out of these agencies,
the intelligence agencies. They either quit or were fired. The
people who supported Clinton stayed or were promoted.

"Look at the case of Notra Trulock [former head of nuclear weapons
security at the Dept. of Energy]. He was fired because he
complained about the lack of security. The people who agreed with
Clinton and helped produce this current situation are still running
these agencies in the U.S. government.

"Clinton policies also feminized the military. The promotion of
feminization and homosexuality not only ruins morale, but to the
rest of the world, our enemies look at that and think we are weak."

4. Don't tar Muslims.

"This is very similar to 1941, after Pearl Harbor, when the loyalty
of Japanese were questioned. As it turned out the Japanese-American
were fiercely loyal. There are many good Arabs and Muslims in
America. These are good Americans. Many, if not most of the Arab
countries have been good allies of the United States. We should not
harm a lot of our good allies."

5. Missile defense is urgently needed.

"These defenses are needed for two different threats. First, from
the threat of ballistic missiles, ICBMs, which still continue to
threaten us. Second, we need theatre missile defense. We need also
an expanded homeland defense. This might include upgrading the
National Guard and expanding the Coast Guard."Read more on this
subject in related Hot Topics:
Domestic Terrorism

All Rights Reserved © NewsMax.com