-Caveat Lector-

>Dear Larry,
>I do not see anything in your proof all that daming.
Vague accusations
>with very weak link to the CIA are not proof.
>You string this stuff together as if it meant
something but
>I just do not think it really does. Perhaps I was
hasty
>maybe you are just a paranoid whacko and are not
>deliberatly lying.

Well, then, let's take a look at some simple,
unequivocal statements regarding narcotics and the CIA
made by other "paranoid whackos:"

"I have put thousands of Americans away for tens of
thousands of years for less evidence for conspiracy
with less evidence than is available against Ollie
North and CIA people. . . . I personally was involved
in a deep-cover case that went to the top of the drug
world in three countries. The CIA killed it."

Former DEA Agent Michael Levine CNBC-TV, October 8,
1996

"The connections piled up quickly. Contra planes flew
north to the U.S., loaded with cocaine, then returned
laden with cash. All under the protective umbrella of
the United States Government. My informants were
perfectly placed: one worked with the Contra pilots at
their base, while another moved easily among the
Salvadoran military officials who protected the
resupply operation. They fed me the names of Contra
pilots. Again and again, those names showed up in the
DEA database as documented drug traffickers.

"When I pursued the case, my superiors quietly and
firmly advised me to move on to other investigations."

Former DEA Agent Celerino Castillo _Powder Burns_,
1992

"The Subcommittee found that the Contra drug links
included:

— Involvement in narcotics trafficking by individuals
associated with the Contra movement.

— Participation of narcotics traffickers in Contra
supply operations through business relationships with
Contra organizations.

— Provision of assistance to the Contras by narcotics
traffickers, including cash, weapons, planes, pilots,
air supply services and other materials, on a
voluntary basis by the traffickers.

— Payments to drug traffickers by the U.S. State
Department of funds authorized by the Congress for
humanitarian assistance to the Contras, in some cases
after the traffickers had been indicted by federal law

enforcement agencies on drug charges, in others while
traffickers were under active investigation by these
same agencies."

Senate Committee Report on Drugs, Law Enforcement and
Foreign Policy chaired by Senator John F. Kerry

"I really take great exception to the fact that 1,000
kilos came in, funded by U.S. taxpayer money."

DEA official Anabelle Grimm, during a 1993 interview
on a CBS-TV "60 Minutes" segment entitled "The CIA's
Cocaine." The 1991 CIA drug-smuggling event Ms. Grimm
described was later found to be much larger. A
Florida grand jury and the _Wall Street Journal_
reported it to involve as much as 22 tons.

=====
http://personals.yahoo.com